Chapter 3

Angel Sapphire Cane

So don't call me baby

Unless you mean it

Don't tell me you need me

If you don't believe it

Let me know the truth

Before I dive right into you

Before I dive into you

I sang as I scrubbed my skin, pouring some strawberry and vanilla scented liquid soap into my palm and rubbed it against my arms and legs. Massaging my skin soothingly while singing Dive by Ed Sheeran. This is so relaxing, shower is my only thinking place. Ever since that night, I can't get him off my system. Those melted chocolate eyes and plump lips. Ugh, he's so attractive. I wonder how old he is, he seems around my age though. No, stop thinking about him that way, he's the guy you punched and besides he's Lila's nephew. I swear he already has a girlfriend, the way girls looked at him at the cafe.

I continued my shower as I massage my hair and scalp with a flower scented shampoo. After washing my hair, I wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body and stepped out of the bathroom. This is my first day of school, meaning, first impression is important. I used the blower to dry my hair and made my way towards my closet. You see, I'm not poor. Before my parents died because of a plane crash, they named their properties and money after me. I may have a lot of money but I'm not like those rich brat that buy everything they want and see. Actually, I still want to work to earn money. I'm still saving my money for my school expenses and for my future.

That time, when my parents died, it's the most painful moment of my life. My Nana(her grandmother) is the only person that spent her time together with my five years old self. My other relatives didn't even come to the burial. It was only me and Nana. Nana's the one who planned the burial. She adapted me and took care of me. I was happy again because I felt loved and needed by someone even though my parents are gone. That single spark of happiness vanished when Nana died, I was twelve years old back then and again, I lost someone I treasure, someone I love.

I snapped out of my daydreaming when I realized, I've been standing inside my closet for five minutes now and I'm freaking cold since I only have my towel wrapped around me. I picked out an off shoulder blouse with a floral shorts and I wore my black knee socks and finished it off with my black boots. I quickly picked out a black sling bag and I tie my wavy brown hair into a messy bun. I didn't bother to put some make because first, I don't have any make up and second I don't like to wear any make up. Don't ask why, I just don't like it.

I made my way out of my apartment and locked it. I decided to walk my way to school because it's just a ten minute walk and I'm pretty early for school if I ride a bus. I stopped by the cafe to buy a coffee and to greet Lila. I made my way to the counter to see Lila talking to a customer. When it's my turn to order, I greeted Lila.

"Good morning, Lila." I said and ordered a cappuccino drink.

"Oh dear! You look beautiful!" She said excitedly while I pay for my order. She ushered me towards an empty an empty table. Just the right time when the waiter served my drink.