Chapter 23

Angel Sapphire Cane

I was running like crazy, so crazy that people are looking at me like I lost my mind. I can't think straight right now, I can't when every time I breath, every time I close my eyes, hell even if I step, all I can ever think is him. The way he said those painful words that made me feel like I'm worthless. Heck, that suits me. I'm worthless. I'm pathetic.

How can he say that? I thought he loves me. I thought we is true. I thought he meant it when he said that he loves me. I thought we were meant together, that we were made for each other but it was all a joke. A mistake. Another mistake in my life. All this time, he never loved me but I'm too stubborn to realize it. Maybe I realized it but I don't want to believe it.

I can't stop running and I don't know where I'm heading to but I don't want to give up. I want to run away from me, from him, from the truth. I'm definitely sure that I look like a mess. Tears are streaming down my face and I can't stop them.

I can't believe I fell on his trap. I can't believe I actually love him. I can't believe I thought that there's good in him. I was proven wrong and my pain is the proof that he didn't love me. Not even once and to think that I almost gave my innocence to him.

I already saw my apartment from afar and my legs are already hurting from my running and I don't care. All I want to do right now is to escape from the reality. I want to brawl my eyes out. I didn't bother to catch my breath as my chest hurts. My lungs are now burning from the lack of oxygen but I didn't stop, afraid that the truth will catch up on me and hurt me even more.

I reached my apartment and quickly picked my keys as I opened the door. My tears are now flowing freely and my hands are sweaty while fumbling on my keys. I pushed the door open and quickly pressed the switch. As my apartment light up, a kind of explosion was heard while pieces of paper from confetti was thrown at my way.

"Surprise!!!"

I look up and my gaze instantly stopped at my friends. My highschool friends. They were smiling from ear to ear while Chris is holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers, calla lilies and Scarlet is holding a cake. Cass is also with them. I was still rooted in my place as I clutched my chest in pain. Their smiles instantly dropped when they noticed my tear strained face.

A sob that I've been holding already escaped my mouth and I slumped on the ground as I clutched my chest painfully. Why do I need to experience this pain this day? My friends visit me and I ruined everything that thy planned. After all these years that I haven't saw them and now that they are here, I ruined it completely. This is the worst.

They immediately rushed towards me and started to bombard me with questions and comfort. Some sweet words that are supposed to calm me but all I can feel right now is pain. My breathing became irregular and it came out like pants as I struggle to breathe evenly. Cass is already crying while Scarlet is trying to sooth me by rubbing her hand against my back. Chris is already pacing while looking at me with pained face.

I tried to stand but I only failed as I slumped again. I'm too weak to even move and my tears are making it worse but I can't it from escaping. Black dots are already forming and I tried to keep my vision steady but failed miserably when my body already went down and my head was slammed on the ground. Blackness surrounded me and the last thing I remember is the panicky faces of my friends.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted them when I felt my eyes burn from the sudden exposure on light. I wandered my eyes on my surroundings and noticed that I'm actually on my room. A sudden pain strikes my chest when I remembered the painful events and I felt the corner of my eyes brimmed with my tears. I clutched my chest tightly when the pain increased. I loved him but he broke me. I stood up, wanting to find my friends and explained why I acted that way. I missed them so much.