Chapter 15: Nightmares

A/N: whoah hey guys! It's been so long since I posted and I'm so sorry for that. I've been super busy with school, my job, and other stuff, so I've barely had time to write.

Good news though; this book has been entirely planned out instead of just having a rough outline, and it looks like it'll be 20+ chapters. Enjoy this one!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

All was dark upon the grounds of Hogwarts. Enchanted clocks ticked onwards, counting the seconds, minutes, hours as time drifted onwards. Silence filled the air in Harry Potter's dorm. Nothing moved, nothing stirred. The figure of a boy sat in an armchair by a window, eyes closed, unmoving. He didn't breathe; chest completely still, skin ghostly pale like stone. His hair was wild and clothes unkempt, and anyone who walked in could have mistaken him for dead, almost expecting spiderwebs to form on his slender silhouette.

It was at the stroke of midnight that the boy opened his eyes, blinking weakly and grabbing his glasses from the coffee table in front of him. His crimson eyes glowed slightly in the darkness as the world around him focused, the messy coffee table, armchairs, empty fireplace and the staircases came into view.

He was still sitting in the armchair that he'd sat down in last night; and his back was protesting incredibly against that decision. The vampire yawned loudly, lighting some of the candles in the room with his wand. He paused for a few moments, blinking sleepily and waiting for himself to wake up, wondering why he'd awoken at such an odd hour.

It was only when he saw the Marauders Map sitting on the table that he realised Draco still wasn't back. He frowned. Harry couldn't hear his heartbeat anywhere close, and his scent was stale. He picked up the worn parchment and whispered the words required to access the huge map under his breath.

It took him a few minutes to search the huge layout of the castle, scanning everywhere for the name he was looking for. Room by room he saw people he knew. Dumbledore was pacing in his office, Snape was prowling the third floor corridors. Finally he found who he was looking for, and the discovery made him frown deeply.

The hospital wing? Why was Draco in the hospital wing? Harry hadn't heard anything from Draco since this morning, or seen him either. Was something wrong?

He kept the map in his hands as he walked down the corridors, keeping an eye out for any teachers. The hallways were dimly lit by the torches on the walls, his body casting no shadow and his footsteps making no noise.

The hospital wing was, unsurprisingly, left open. Mostly it was so that people could come if they had an emergency and they didn't have to fuss around with the huge doors, which were unbearably heavy and loud. Harry thought it was rather idiotic though, after all, anyone could simply waltz in.

Ron was asleep in his bed, Harry could hear his heartbeat thudding slowly. He was obscured by a large screen, and had probably been hiding from Lavender behind it all day. Ron had most definitely been trying to ignore her, in the only was he could right now.

Draco was asleep a few beds down. The screen was partially drawn, but not to block his view of the doorway or the windows. Harry knew Draco always slept facing the doorway or a window out of paranoia.

From what Harry could see and tell, there was nothing physically wrong with him. As he drew closer, he saw that that wasn't quite the case.

His skin was as white as the sheets he was lying on, sunken in. He was shivering slightly, but seemingly not from the cold. His white hair was plastered to his forehead with sweat, a look of distress across his features. He was having a nightmare of some sort.