Chapter 9: Quidditch

A/N: hey guys! Chapter 9 already, wow! I have a few things to talk about before this chapter starts today, so let's get into that.

The amount of support for these stories has been overwhelming! Comments were rare during when Understood was being written, and now I get comments every single day! I'm sorry I can't respond to them all, but I do read all of them!

Above is a trailer for a new, I believe fanmade, Harry Potter spin-off film. It's supposed to be about the origins of Voldemort. See, I think a movie like that, documenting Tom Riddle's life, even about the Gaunts would be really awesome, but then they introduce this character called Grisha McLaggen (forgive me if that's wrong) and it's instead about her, who is the heir of Gryffindor. Now, an heir of Gryffindor has never been mentioned throughout the books. We know that Slytherin's heir was Tom Riddle, while some believe that Hufflepuff's was Cedric Diggory, or Zacharias Smith. Nothing about Gryffindor's heir exists, and now they're making Cormac McLaggen the newest heir? I dunno, something about that doesn't sit well with me. I'll watch it because I'm a die-hard fan, but I think the whole 'heir of Gryffindor with a bad British accent' thing is going to be what puts people off.

The new books! I got all four and the extra postcard thing last weekend. The Gryffindor one has a fact file on Harry, the Slytherin one has a fact file on Draco, and the Hufflepuff one has some Newt Scamander stuff in it! All the books have stuff on different characters and about the houses. They're super cool, really pretty books. The sides of the pages are in house colours, and the Ravenclaw one is blue and orange. I thought Ravenclaw was blue and silver? Am I wrong and havebeen lied to my whole life? I'm re-reading them, so if you notice some stuff here relating to the first book... go read Philosophers Stone and see if you can find it!

I'm doing exams right now, so be thankful you get a chapter XD hopefully this chapter is okay. Sorry for making you guys wait so long between chapters!

Anyways, enough from me, on with the ninth chapter of Eternal!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

Long scream.

Inhale.

Short scream.

Inhale.

Longer scream.

Draco collapsed to the floor of the Room Of Requirement, breathing heavily and fighting back tiredness. A choked sob of frustration, pain and anger left his lips as he picked up a book beside him, throwing it at the tall, black cabinet in front of him.

It hit the object with a thump, the book falling to the floor, the cabinet still standing tall and looming over him almost tauntingly.

It had been a week. A week of pain, a week of skipping classes in favour of sleeping and recovering. A week of splitting headaches, nausea and nightmares, a week of staring at his ceiling and wanting, praying, for this cabinet to be fixed the next evening.

The first spells had been the simple ones. The ones he could manage without collapsing, the ones that he could simply grit his teeth through. Now though, he was attempting the other ones, which either made him pass out or reduced him to a completely hopeless mess.

The pain was unbearable, worse than anything else he'd ever felt. It was almost as if someone had multiplied the effects of the cruciatis curse by ten. Draco was sure that a normal dose of crucio would feel like nothing compared to this agony he was being forced through.

And all for what? Why did this cabinet need to be fixed? Why was it broken again in the first place? He'd fixed it in his second year, and at that point he didn't know that anyone else knew how to access the room. What was the purpose of the cabinet, anyways? He never learnt where it's twin was, never learnt where any of the objects put into it disappeared to.