Chapter 2: Beauty And The Beast

A/N: hey guys! Super duper sorry for not uploading a chapter in forever, I've been super busy and I've just gotten rather sick with a fever, meaning I'm lying in bed with a headache, runny nose and sore throat. So have a chapter!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

"Dumbleore didn't tell us what time you'd be getting here," Molly said with faux cheerfulness. "Not to worry though, there's plenty of food still left over from dinner."

"He doesn't eat food," Hermione cut in, her voice cold.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Thanks anyways, Mrs Weasley, I've already had dinner."

It was clear that these words frightened the red-head woman a lot, and she was probably regretting ever inviting the vampire into her home. "R-Right," she stuttered. "We've made up Percy's bedroom for you. Ron, could you show him where it is?"

Ron shot his mother a dark look, but began walking back up the stairs anyways. Hermione followed, Harry letting out a sigh before doing the same. The hallways were dark and the floorboards creaked under Harry's weight, and he could hear Hermione's heartbeat pounding. Clearly neither of them were comfortable with being alone with him in the dark.

"If it was my choice," Ron snapped as they reached a door. "You wouldn't even be in this house."

"Same," Harry replied with a bored yawn. "It's not like being here is my choice."

"What I'm saying is," the redhead snarled. "If you try to pull anything, on anyone in this house, we'll throw you out under the sun."

"Fierce words for someone who's terrified at the sight of me. I can hear your heartbeat, remember?" Harry said smartly, opening the door. "Goodnight."

He slammed the door in their faces, and fell onto the bed in the centre of the room, bursting out into a fit of laughter.

Harry didn't know why he was laughing. Was it because of the hilarious thought of Ron actually trying to throw him into the sunlight, or was it because of the utter misery and pain he was trying to desperately to hide.

"Finding something funny, are we?"

Harry couldn't help but jump at the sound of a voice he knew all too well, his startled reaction making him feel rather foolish as he glared at Victor through the darkness.

"When did you get here?" Harry snapped.

"Oh, only a few moments ago," Victor said with a sly smile, his fangs poking over his bottom lip. "Your bad attitude isn't going to get you anywhere, my dear."

Harry sneered at him. "I don't care. Did you do what I asked?"

"Yes, yes. I did. From what I can tell, he's dreaming, but for some reason I couldn't manage to read his mind, or understand anything. It shouldn't be long until he wakes up, though," Victor replied easily.

"Really?" Harry said, shock written across his face.

Victor nodded. "It looks like it. Although his heartbeat seems irregular and I don't know what will happen when he does wake up. For now, just try to behave yourself."

Harry glared at him, flopping back down on the bed and staring at the dark ceiling. "I've behaved for far too long. I'm too bored to act like I'm still safe to be around."

"Well, even though you may not be safe, you will most certainly act like you are," Victor said firmly, a tone of authority in his voice. "You're not stupid, Harry. You will
keep yourself under control, or I will make you."

******

Draco was running desperately, his legs quickly tiring. Despite this, he kept on leaping over logs and bushes. If he didn't keep running, then whatever had killed that unicorn back there would be after him too.