Chapter 1: The Blood-Thief

A/N: hello, once again! The third book in this series already, wow. I almost can't believe it! Well, I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Eternal.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

The train station was mostly empty at this time of night, only the late working buissnessmen were boarding trains home or getting off them. It was quiet, a young man's footsteps going mostly unheard.

Harry Potter walked easily through the train station, keeping the black hood of his hoodie over his head as he went. The darkness of the black material shielded his face from view, preventing his stone grey skin and blood red eyes from being seen by the other people. He walked with an air of confidence, yet his footsteps were slow and with no rush.

He reached the gates, where normally the muggles would swipe their little money cards and the gates would open, allowing them passage through to the train platforms. His eyes flickered around the area, watching as two or three men wearing suits walked past. Finally his gaze locked onto one of the security cameras, which was pointed very obnoxiously in his direction.

In a split second, the camera began to smoke, and turned to the ground. Harry hopped easily over the barrier, a few of the people passing giving his chastising looks. He ignored them, carrying on his way to one of the train platforms that had a train waiting at it.

He boarded without a ticket, flopping into one of the seats and leaning his head against the cold window. They'd kick him off at the next stop, but that didn't matter. As long as he got somewhere, he didn't really mind if they threw him off or not.

Strangely enough, no one came around to check his nonexistent ticket. Had they forgotten he was here, perhaps? He was the only one in this train car, as not many people were catching trains at midnight. He didn't question it, watching the darkened world speed past as the train sped along the tracks.

It was quiet in the train car, the only noise being Harry drumming his black fingernails on the side of his seat quietly.

Finally, the train pulled to a jolting halt. Harry stayed in his seat, watching tiredly out the window at the empty and dark station. It was indeed eerie to look at, and any normal person would probably be eager to leave the unfriendly looking place.

Harry straightened up in his seat as he noticed a familiar figure standing across the train platform.

Tall, wispy white beard that nearly reached the floor, and silvery robes. At the sight of Albus Dumbledore, Harry shrunk further into his seat and couldn't help curling his lip into a snarl of disgust. Yet when the train didn't move, and neither did Dumbledore for a full thirty seconds, he finally got to his feet and stepped off the train.

Harry stared at the headmaster of Hogwarts, and Dumbledore stared back. Both of them were waiting for the other to make the first move and say something first.

Harry didn't feel like speaking, so he pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one.

Over the holidays, he'd picked up smoking. Of course, he wasn't addicted, he could drop the pack in the bin anytime he wanted. It was more as if he was trying to make a statement, showing that he didn't care if his lungs were as black as tar; he wasn't using them anyways.

Dumbledore eyed him with a form of distaste. "You do realise, Harry, that if this sort of behaviour continues, I cannot allow you to return to Hogwarts?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Harry replied nonchalantly.

Dumbledore sighed. "It's not unknown news that someone broke into one of the muggle blood-banks in a hospital, and left quite a mess."