Chapter 13: The Second Incident

A/N: trying to get some chapters out so when school starts hopefully the story will be further along.

Super excited for my new drarry's that I'll be posting at some point. I was thinking that I should post them after I've finished the fourth book in this series (the last) but I don't know. Tell me what you think, maybe?

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

February. The snow had melted away, the sun beginning to shine down upon Hogwarts again. No longer were the grounds covered in the ugly brown snow that had become of the once fluffy white.

Harry was sitting by the window in Draco's room, looking out across the darkened grounds. The memory he'd been told to retrieve had been one of the only things on his mind.

He'd been constantly on alert for any Slughorn parties that he could use to his advantage, and had been overly nice to the man as of late. He was simply awaiting the right moment, where he'd corner the man and pounce. One way or another, he was getting this memory.

Draco was fast asleep in his bed, chest rising and falling with every breath. Harry cast him a worried gaze.

Draco had been hunting through the library at an alarmingly fast rate, searching for any sign of the term 'horcrux'. He hadn't found anything, but wasn't prepared to give up yet. Harry could see that he was tiring himself out, spending his days struggling through classes and his afternoons either off doing something else, reading in the library, or doing homework. Before, all he had wanted to do was sleep, and now he was lucky when he got the chance to.

Harry hated seeing him in such a state or perpetual exhaustion. Remus was worried sick, he'd been writing to Harry a lot recently. Harry had been to everyone that he could think of; Snape had no idea, Newt was confused as well when Harry had sent him a letter. And if those two didn't know what was going on, then Madam Pomfrey or St Mungos would probably be just as useless.

Harry sighed, standing up and closing the curtains of the window. Trying not to disturb the werewolf too much, he climbed into the bed next to him. He wrapped his arms around Draco, who unconsciously snuggled up against him.

******

A few days later...

******

Draco awoke, blinking open his eyes and groaning in pain. He'd fallen asleep on the floor of the Room Of Requirement, and was now regretting ever being born. His head pounded like someone had smashed it in with a hammer, eyes stinging with tears. His hair was a wild mess, back aching horribly as he sat up.

He was surrounded by mountains of books and parchment, glaring hatefully at the black cabinet. He'd made progress, sure, but it wasn't enough.

He heaved himself to his feet, trying not to cry. He wouldn't cry, this was stupid. This whole thing was stupid. He felt stupid, trying for so long when the outcome was inevitably going to either kill him, or leave him completely drained of magic.

After composing himself slightly, he found a mirror and tried to fix his hair. He grabbed his bag, trotting down the many staircases from the seventh floor to the dungeons. He would be late for his potions class if he didn't hurry up. Thankfully, he wasn't amongst the latest, and found his spot next to Harry.

"You look awful," Harry said worriedly, locking eyes with Draco. "Where were you last night?"

"Library," Draco half lied. With the hysterical amount of books he now had in the Room Of Requirement, it was kind of true.

"Your wearing yourself down, go back to bed for gods sakes. In fact, I don't want to be here either, so I'll come with you-" Harry started, intending to to their dorm when Slughorn walked in. Harry cursed under his breath.