Chapter 11: Once Upon A Time

A/N: woah.

It's been a while, and for that I am sorry! I've been dealing with exams and getting a job, so I've been super busy. Hopefully I can get more chapters up sooner, though.

Thank you for all the comments and votes, guys! Means a lot, I love reading them!

Okay yes Sirius X Remus is real in this but can someone explain to me why their ship name is Wolfstar because I'm confused thanks

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

Draco's breath came out as a cloud of mist, his boots crunching on the snow as he walked down the isolated path to Hogsmeade.

Christmas was approaching at an alarming speed, as were the holidays. He had two more days at Hogwarts before he was returning to Grimmauld Place for a few weeks.

Draco had finished all the classes he needed to go to for today, and had spare time for a few hours. With slight dread filling him, he had decided it was about time he did his Christmas shopping.

Harry had done his a while ago, but Draco had refrained from it until the last minute because the whole situation just stressed him out. His pocket full of golden coins that jingled with every step wasn't a merry sound to his ears, it was almost a haunting one. Some might have said he was overreacting, but Draco had always been horrible at picking Christmas gifts for people.

He hadn't needed to up until a few years ago, and was still very clueless.

Walking through the busy street and looking into shop windows didn't help at all. He couldn't see anything that Harry would like, and with all these people bustling around he felt rather stupid.

Jewellery? No, Harry didn't wear any.

Quidditch supplies? No, Draco got him some for his birthday this year.

Clothes? A bit boring.

Books, perhaps? Draco sighed, but opened the door to the biggest bookstore in town. The walls were lined with bookshelves, stacks of books littering tables haphazardly. The store was warm, the smell of parchment comforting. Candles lit the large room, something Draco questioned the practicality of, as this place was most definitely a fire hazard.

He began to look at the shelves, eyes scanning the large tomes. There were spellbooks, editions of their school books, biographies of famous wizards, stories Draco remembered from his childhood and... muggle books?

Draco frowned, never remembering seeing any muggle books in this store before. The words on them seemed completely foreign; who on earth was Cinderella? Imagining a girl covered in black soot and cinders called Ella, he wondered why muggles found that entertaining. Draco found himself proved wrong as he opened the book, seeing it was a muggle fairytale about a girl in a blue dress with blond hair. He set it back down, looking at the other books.

There were a lot of them, mostly fiction, and Draco began to marvel at how insane muggle's imaginations were. A girl who fell asleep for a while, a princess who was taken in by seven little people. Tales of girls who kissed frogs to turn them into princes, and even one about a peasant girl who married a beast, who was actually a prince.

Did the muggles have an obsession with princes and princesses or something? There were many other books, strange ones about talking animals and even some about creatures that muggles thought were fictional, like unicorns and dragons.

Would Harry like any of these? He grew up with muggles, surely he'd know who Cinderella was. Shrugging, he grabbed a large book of fairytales. If Harry didn't like it, then at least he'd have some fun reading them.