Chapter 14: Love Hurts

A/N: so today was the first day of school.... and I wanna die.
Yeah so have a chapter (you're welcome *bows*). I did this instead of homework so be thankful dudes.

Also, a bit more of a serious thingo. I really need opinions on this cause I'd you guys think it's a bad idea I won't do it. I was thinking of adding in a small smut scene in about 5-6 chapters (ish)???? It will not be that detailed (because A: I can't write smut and B: cause it'll be cringey AF) so it might just be like feelings and crap? Idk, give me opinions please!

A bit of a longer chapter, and if Hagrid's accent sounds weird forgive me cause I can't write accents :p

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

The hospital wing carried an air of discomfort on this morning. It was raining outside, droplets of water hitting the window panes and dripping down them, leaving the infirmary darker than usual with a greyish, pale tone. The sky outside was darkened, the clouds raging, the whomping willow almost shivering as rain hit its branches.

Harry sat in a rather uncomfortable chair by one of the windows, leaning his head against the cold glass. His eyes were glassed over, deep in thought, face shadowed by his black fringe to hide his frown. Hermione sat opposite him, talking quietly with Ginny, both girls looking exhausted. Fred and George had arrived only half an hour ago, and soon Mr and Mrs Weasley would be here as well.

Ron hadn't awoken yet. His face was pale, sweat running down his forehead, orange hair dampened. His breathing was shallow, but he was stable.

Only Harry knew what had happened out of the four, and even he didn't know what to make of it. One minute Ron had simply been ill, sickly and pale from the after effects of a love potion, and the next moment he'd been choking, suffocating, unable to breathe. The mead had been poisoned with a lethal poison, and Harry's prime suspect had been Slughorn, until Slughorn had said the bottle had been given to him by a student. A student? Of course, they'd questioned Slughorn about who, but for some odd reason he couldn't recall. This still didn't make Harry not suspect him; he might be trying to cover his tracks. That mead hadn't just been given to Ron, he'd handed a glass of it to Harry and Draco as well.

Harry hadn't seen the werewolf since he'd disappeared last night. He was probably back in the dorm by now, but Harry hadn't been back since. He'd carried Ron to the hospital wing in the late hours of last night, where Ginny and Hermione were both woken up and all the Weasleys were alerted. If Draco wasn't back in the dorm when Harry returned, he'd be checking the maurauder's map. Wherever he was, Harry wasn't happy with him, and was going to be demanding answers.

Harry knew that Draco knew more than he was letting on. Harry wasn't an idiot when it came to understanding the werewolf, he knew when Draco was paranoid and acting strangely. He'd been acting strangely all year, but walking out last night without saying anything really took the biscuit.

"Why would Slughorn want to poison Ron?" Hermione asked, more to herself than anyone else. Like Harry, she didn't totally trust Slughorn's excuse that someone gave him the mead. No one has any reply, Harry looking out the window, the three Weasleys looking worriedly towards their brother.

What motive could Slughorn have had? Perhaps he'd been trying to poison Harry instead? Who didn't want Harry Potter dead these days, nearly everyone was running after him with a stake and a clove of garlic, or brandishing a wand while yelling "Avada Kedavra". Was Slughorn simply jumping on the bandwagon and trying to kill him with a bottle of aged mead?

The creaky sound of the hall door opening broke Harry's train of thought, and he looked up to see Hagrid walk in. He was clearly soaked, water dripping from saturated beard and oversized clothes to form giant puddles on the once shiny and clean infirmary floor. He knew that Madam Pomfrey would be absolutely furious.