Chapter 12: Tampered Memories

A/N: don't expect two chapters in two days to be a regular thing XD just getting this one out of the way as it's fairly short and boring. The next one should be pretty good though, got some cool stuff planned!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

******

Draco was tired. Tired, annoyed, and now having to go back to Hogwarts.

"We'll see you soon, make sure you write," Remus said, Draco heaving his trunk into the fireplace with him, grabbing a handful of floo powder. Draco wasn't a particularly big fan of floo powder, he found the whole sensation and look of being swallowed up by green flames rather concerning.

"Will do," Draco replied. "Hogwarts," he said loudly, throwing the glittering green powder to his feet. Flames sprang up, engulfing the werewolf. A whirling sensation began, not unlike that of travelling by portkey.

He landed in another fireplace, nearly bumping his head on the mantelpiece.

"Try not to get ash all over the floor, Mr Malfoy," McGonagall's voice sounded, Draco realising he was in her office. Harry, who had gone before him, was leaning against the wall, picking pieces of dust and ash off his jacket with a look of distaste.

"Of course, Professor," Draco replied, making sure that he didn't kick ash all over the carpet as he hauled his trunk out of the fireplace, the carpet looking to have been recently cleaned.

"Feels weird to be back," Harry said as they walked through the halls. Term was tomorrow, the castle still quite deserted of students. Hermione and Ron would be coming on the train, the two still not speaking to each other. "We've got a meeting with Dumbledore after lessons tomorrow as well."

"Fantastic," Draco said wearily as they reached their dorm. It was exactly how they'd left it, the coffee table covered in books and parchment, the fireplace crackling merrily away.

"Aw, don't be like that. I'm sure it'll be..." Harry paused, trying to find the right word as he leaned his trunk against the wall. "Interesting."

"Sure, but the idea of tailing around a younger Voldemort is a bit weird to me," Draco sighed, dumping his trunk on the floor. Harry shrugged.

A comfortable silence descended upon them for a few moments. Draco looked lost in thought, a small frown on his face, the frown Harry recognised as his 'I'm thinking very hard' frown. Harry watched, smiling amusedly. He truly was adorable. Harry took his hand, Draco snapping out of his trance and looking up. He looked slightly confused as his grey eyes met Harry's green ones, as if he hadn't realised that he'd zoned out in the first place.

Harry simply smiled, rolling his eyes. He threw his arms around Draco's neck, pulling him close and pressing their lips together. Draco's eyes flew wide for a few seconds, before fluttering closed.

******

Draco and Harry found themselves waking up rather early the next morning. Draco was still yawning as they stumbled out of their dorm, Harry trying to pat down the insane mess his hair had become.

"I want to go back to sleep," Harry whined, having grown used to being able to sleep in until midday. Being up at 6:30 now seemed like some sort of crime. Draco nodded miserably, the two coming to a stop at the noticeboard, having noticed the new piece of parchment posted.

APPARATION LESSONS
If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before 31st August, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of apparation lessons from a ministry of magic apparation instructor.
Please sign below if you would like to participate.
Cost: 12 Galleons