Chapter 4: The Unbreakable Vow

A/M: short chapter, sorry! They'll start getting longer after this; I've got a lot planned for this book :) thanks for all the comments guys! The support for these stories is overwhelming!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

A loud crack echoed through the streets of Diagon Alley as two witches apparated into a dark alley. Both of their faces were obscured by black hoods, covering their features and making them unrecognisable.

One of the women immediately started walking,much to the others chagrin.

"Cissy, wait-" the woman started, following her partner with haste yet more cautiousness than the other. She was more wary, looking around corners as they ventured to the meeting place.

"Cissy- Narcissa, please listen to me-"

"Go back, Bella!" The woman, Narcissa, snapped angrily. "It is not your place to be here, go back!"

The other woman, Bella, huffed in reply. "No." She said simply, continuing to follow Narcissa down the winding and dark alleys leading towards Knockturn Alley. They finally passed the sign, and the shops began to progressively advertise darker and darker items. Narcissa and Bella didn't show any signs of caring about the dark artefacts being sold, or the dodgy looking people stumbling around the darkened streets.

Finally they turned into a small alcove, walking up the steps to a black door. After muttering something under her breath, the door swung open and Naricssa stepped inside. Bella followed close behind, both women pulling down their hoods as the door slammed shut behind them.

Narcissa Malfoy was a tall woman, with long platinum blond hair that hung down to her waist. She was very pretty, her eyes a bright shade of blue flecked with silver. Her skin was so pale that in the dim lighting of the room it seemed to glow somewhat.

Bellatrix Lestrange pulled down her hood as well, her face set into a permanent scowl, upper lip curled. She, too, was pale, and once would have been a beautiful woman if not for her foul expression. Her hair was wild and frizzy, almost like she'd just walked through a thunderstorm.

"Severus," Narcissa spoke the name coldly, eyeing the man who was sitting on one of the couches.

Severus Snape didn't look too pleased at the presence of the two women, his pale features set into an expression of vague disgust. He looked like he'd much rather be anywhere else, and was probably wondering when he could return back to his home at Hogwarts.

"Narcissa," Snape replied easily, not acknowledging Bellatrix. "Why is it that you wished to meet me here?"

"You know why I'm here," Narcissa spoke in a hostile tone, frowning at the man. Bellatrix watched both of them curiously, sitting down in an armchair.

"Draco," Snape said, diverting his gaze. "He's living a perfectly happy life without you and Lucius interfering; why don't you just leave him alone?"

"He doesn't know what he's doing," Narcissa scoffed, looking offended.

"Well I can assure you he's getting a lot more attention than he was, say, when he was just a small child?" Snape snapped.

"You are speaking out of your right, Severus-" Narcissa started, her once pale face turning an ugly shade of red with anger.

"Face it, Narcissa, you've neglected him. I'm sure his life would be virtually the same if you didn't even exist in it, it would possibly be even better for him that way," Snape snarled. "He doesn't want to see you, so if that's what you want-"

"You know why I'm here!" Narcissa screeched. "You know what he's got planned for him!"

"So now you care," Snape sighed. "How tragic. You do know that everything that has happened in the past few years could have been avoided if you'd been a better parent? Remus Lupin treats him much better than you or Lucius ever have."