Chapter Seventy Four

Percy

A week and a few days had gone by and I was patient. I knew that getting pregnant and what not takes time and doesn't happen right away. Between Annabeth and my mom, I knew plenty about that.

Totally forgot about morning sickness, though. So when Nico started complaining that he wasn't feeling good, I got worried. But either way, I had work and school. And after his second day of me leaving him home sick (he said he'd be fine after lunch but I have classes during then and wouldn't be home until almost dinner) he called me when I knew I was in between classes and insisted that I needed to go home.

So, of course, I was thinking there was something wrong and it's a ten minute drive. I told him to just stay put and I'd be there as I called my teacher for Presentation 101. She was nice. Had some funny stories for our class.

"Ms. Regal's room." My teacher said as she answered the call. Everyone calls her by her first name, Ski, though. "How may I help you?"

"Hi, Ski," I said as I pulled off of campus. "It's Percy, I'm in your next class. Presentation 101."

She lit up, of course. Minnesota nice is a thing. I have seen it many times.

"Percy!" She exclaimed. We have a class of five. So when one of us is gone, it's a big deal. "I don't know why I don't have your number. What's up? The others are.just showing up now."

"Yeah, I figured." I told her as I had to stop at a stupid light. "Sorry, but I won't make it today. I got a call not five minutes ago from my fiancé saying that something happened and I was needed at home. He's been sick so I don't want to wait him out if he puking blood or something really bad. I imagine I'll be back tomorrow. But if not, I'll let you know."

"Oh my gods, yeah." Ski remarked. "Please, go home. If he's been sick, I wouldn't risk it either. Keep me updated either way and I'll let you know what we got done today. Thanks for telling me, though. I don't blame you for going home at all."

"I'll keep you updated," I promised. "But you do have a class to teach so I'll let you get to that."

She thanked me for the class one last time before I hung up and pulled into our driveway, rushing into the house. I probably broke like ten laws while I was driving. But I don't care. If something's wrong with Nico to the point that he can't get himself to the hospital (ambulances are expensive and I'm only ten minutes away) than I need to get home no matter what.

I hurried inside and managed to find Nico in our room, pacing around, looking like he was going to panic.

"Nico!" I exasperated as soon as I saw him and calmed down slightly. He was bleeding. He wasn't vomiting. "Oh my gods, babe. What's wrong? Do you need to go to the ER? What do you need?"

"I don't need to go to the ER." Nico assured me, which calmed me down a bit. "You might want to sit down, otherwise you might have to, though."

Well shit. That means something important. Something shocking, at that. He's never told me to sit down for something.

So I sat on the bed, and took one of his hands. He had something in the other one.

"Alright, I'm sitting." I told him, terrified that something tragic had happened. "What's wrong, honey?"

"Nothings..." He started off and put a small stick thing in my hand. "You probably didn't need to come home right away. But I kind of freaked out and... I'm pregnant, Percy."

And I'm glad he told me to sit down, because I felt light headed for like a solid ten seconds.

"You're...?" I questioned and realized that he had handed me the pregnancy test, and when I looked at it, it read positive. "You're... Were going to be dad's?"

Nico nodded his head, and he was going to cry. But then again, so was I.

This was... If I miss and fail a test today, who gives a fuck. I'm going to be a dad.

Nico

We stayed home the rest of the day and basically just cuddled on the couch. Watched some movies, drew a little. We got up to eat, of course. Soon enough I'd get weird cravings, though. I knew that.

But after about another week and a half, we decided that we should start buying stuff now so we're ready when the baby comes. Or babies. Twins and triplets run in Percy's family and my mom was a quadroplet, so who knows. We also decided that, because we were buying stuff and people would be staying at our house, we needed to start telling people. Because otherwise having diapers and wipes and baby stuff seems weird.

Clarisse had uh... So we went to call Patrick and Clarisse about it. Tried Sally. She was at work, didn't answer. He was next on the list.

"Hey, guys." Patrick said, sounding kind of panicked. "Sorry, I was just about to send a text to everyone. I can't talk for long, they're uh... Clarisse is in labor. I called Mom but she didn't answer and I haven't tried dad yet. But I have like a solid five minutes before they tell me anything. So what's up?"

"Well if that's not ironic," Percy remarked.

"What?" His brother asked.

"Oh, that Clarisse went into labor when we called." He explained to his brother. "You're the first to answer so far. But with everyone that'll be here for the holidays it'd be weird if you guys didn't know."

"If we didn't know what?" Patrick questioned, as I heard someone yelling behind him. It's a hospital.

Percy looked at me to do the honors.

"Nico here," I told my eventual brother in law. "I'm pregnant."

There was no hesitation.

"THE IRONY!"