Chapter Fourteen

Nico

Once he was asleep again, of course I went to talk to Chiron. The gods won't let him leave until summers over. Not even a quest. He can only go here and to Olympus.

And yes, I made his cabin suicide-proof. So there shouldn't be a way that he could kill himself while I'm not in the cabin.

Because he doesn't want to leave the cabin. Kids are mean. And Camp isn't an exception. Jason kind of gave in and told everyone everything he knew about Percy.

Thank the gods I never confirmed the rape thing.

But yeah. It was Grover, Thalia, Rachel, and I. But Rachel has been allowed to say in the mortal world as a mortal with a mortal girlfriend. Thalia isn't around much just in general. Grover was also punished and brought back here. He hates it. Just as much as Percy does.

Nobody thought they'd get in trouble for a stupid musical a demigod wrote. Percy told me a lot that it was his escape when I wasn't around and when he was having a shitty day. Which happened a lot. His meds just aren't working at this point (it's been two weeks) and his therapist kind of quit being a therapist and he doesn't know where else to go and yeah.

He hasn't really had a way to handle it aside talking to me or Grover. And we can't always be there. We are as much as we can. But we need to sleep and eat. And he gets that, luckily. He understands that we need to take care of ourselves, too.

Walking into the Big House, Chiron was playing a card game with Mr. D. Pinochle, probably.

"Nico di Angelo," the centaur welcomed my entrance. "To what do we owe the visit?"

"Hi, Chiron. Mr. D." I said hi to both of them, being nice. "Would you know about a therapist in the camp maybe?"

"The councilors, that's what they're for." He told me. "Apollo is our physical therapist. Do you need to talk?"

"No, it's not for me." I explained. "It's for somebody else. And I don't think their councilor will help. Considering they are their councilor."

"Oh," Chiron commented shortly. And he thought for a minute. "Um, what sort of problems would you be talking about?"

"Anxiety, depression," I explained. "Trauma, probably. Their therapist kind of stopped being a therapist recently and they need it. Really bad."

"I might know a guy." The god of wine told me as he turned around in his chair. But I had a bad feeling. "Helped Pollux after Castor died. He was a good grief councilor. I imagine we could find him and he could help them out. Could you tell us what cabin they're from?"

This was the first time Mr. D ever seemed to care about someone, but I'll go with it. Maybe we're all rubbing off on him.

"3." I told them. "Poseidon."

Chiron and Mr. D shared a look and Mr. D slowly nodded his head.

"Okay." He remarked. "Would he be able to come here and talk with us?"

I shrugged and then lightly shook my head. He doesn't want to leave his cabin. I doubt he wants to put up with Mr. D. He'd never believe if I said Mr. D was acting like he was.

"Probably not." I told them. "You can try. Right now he really doesn't want to leave his cabin, though. He's aware as to what everyone is saying about him. He already didn't want to be here, he doesn't want it to get worse."

"Did he eat at all today?" Chiron asked me and I nodded my head.

"Grover and I brought him food after he woke up." I assured him. "He didn't eat much. Kind of picked at everything. But we forced him to finish at least one thing off of every plate. And he hasn't thrown up at all, I haven't seen any spit up in his garbage."

Leo

I talked Jason and Piper into giving Percy another chance and when Frank, Hazel, and Thalia all got back we had heard that Percy was at camp.

We were going to throw him a small little party. We made him a cake and everything. Welcome back at camp.

When we got to Cabin 3, it was sort of a bad time.

Nico was talking Percy out of... Something. I wasn't sure what. But Percy had blood on his arms.

"I didn't try to." Percy insisted, sounding about we freaked out as my old best friend before he went to kill himself. Had I known he was going to do that, I would have never left him alone. "I just, I had an itch and it um... I didn't stop itching. I was stupid. I'm stupid a lot. I'm sorry you have to put up with me."

I'm sorry you have to put up with me.

Percy, you're talking to your boyfriend.

"Hey, no, don't freak out." Nico told him. "It's going to be alright. I'll get some bandage and wrap it up. Mr. D and Chiron are looking for a therapist. Mr. D said this guy was really good with Pollux after Castor died. They won't tell anyone anything. All I told them was that you needed one really bad because of your anxiety and depression because yours quit it's therapy. It's going to get better. I promise. They won't even make you leave. They said he can come here. As long as you keep eating and you walk around here, they won't make you do anything."

And that's how you love and support your boyfriend, ladies and gentlemen. Take notes.

Knowing that this wasn't a good time, we left the cake and a note behind. Just saying welcome back. We're here if you need anything.

Getting out of his cabin, Clarisse was back at camp. Probably by punishment as that's why Grover and Thalia were back. But she noticed Thalia and walked over to us.

"Hey, guys!" He remarked. Clarisse is intimidating, but she's cool. If you're on her good side. "What's going on with Jackson? I'm hearing a lot of shit. I'd ask Nico, but I haven't seen him around. And Grover doesn't really know anything."

"Oh, you know." Thalia told the daughter of Ares. "His crippling depression. We were going to give him a cake and what not and say welcome back. But Nico was in there with him. Percy scratched at his arm really bad, he was kind of freaking out. Nico was trying to calm him down. According to the conversation, Percy has both depression and anxiety."

Clarisse shrugged.

"Doesn't surprise me."