Chapter Fifty Eight

Leo

Being alive was great. But oh my gods was it stressful. We had everyone but Percy, Nico, Clarisse, and their siblings working at this. All we had left was to paint the stupid walls and move in the furniture.

You see, because Percy and Nico both turned down being gods, the gods wanted to still give them something. And we'd all get something if we turned it down. Eventually. But there's was a bit more urgent.

We built them a house. We've been at it since the offer, a month and a half ago. Non stop. Were on shifts. I'm not even joking. But Percy and Nico both graduate in three days and we have until then to finish the house. Because once we got back to New York, were done. We come back here to help them move in and that's it.

But it was a house. A nice house, may I add. Everyone was in it but Nico and Percy. We got Bianca to talk their dream house out of them. And they did say that they want a kid's room. A nursery. So that was... I'll stay out of it until they have news for us.

But it was a beautiful house, honestly. It was free for them outside of their monthly bills. But not house payment. It was the gift from the former gods. From Hades they each got their own car. A Mustang and a Mercedes Benz. From Poseidon, Percy got a Wacom tablet (which is apparently a really good art tablet. It was big) and like high end kitchen gear and what not. He basically bought their kitchen. And he got Nico this super fancy camera for over a grand. Their study was basically an art room.

It was... A lot. But they didn't even think about spending the money. All of the gods were that way.

The graduation ceremony was amazing. Bianca, Nico, Percy, Patrick, and Paige all graduated. Everyone showed up and was super supportive. We told them that we'd go to the house they picked out (we set them a fake house plan with the address of the actual house. Long story) and help with with moving. Make our way out. Bianca is staying in the city. For now. Taking a gap year. Paige will be in DC, and Patrick is going to be in San Fransisco.

So this was... I mean everyone was going it felt like. Annabeth and Will were going to be in Rome. Grover and Tyson are moving to Munich. Thalia was planning on traveling a lot. That's... That's a lot of our friends.

Anyways, we got to the house before they did.

Percy

I was... This was exciting. I was out of my mom's apartment and I have my own place with Nico.

When we got to the house, it wasn't the one we got a photo of. So we figured hey, why not ask the people here for directions.

Walking up to the house was easy. It was a beautiful house. I would die for this house. But, despite lights being off, we knocked on the door.

We heard a weird lady's voice telling us to come in.

Nico and I shared a look and nodded before opening the door. We got each other's back just in case anything were to happen.

Stepping inside it was... It was pitch dark. But that didn't last long.

"Hello?" I asked, knowing we heard a woman's voice.

And I was scared shitless.

All of the lights suddenly turned on and all of our friends and our family was standing in front of us. A poster that said 'WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME' was strung up behind them.

"SURPRISE!"

After both of us jumped, we froze.

"I'm sorry," Nico remarked, noticing these were our friends and family that said they'd be here to help us move. "What?"

"Well," even the... Well, they're not gods anymore. But the gods were here. All of them. And Zeus was telling us this. "Because we couldn't pass our powers down to you two as you rejected them, we figured we could still do something nice. Poseidon had mentioned that you two were moving out soon and so we managed to get somebody to tell us what your guy's dream house was, realistically. And we built it for you. It's completely paid off. All you guys have to worry about is your monthly bills. Water, electric, internet, TV, all of that sort of stuff. But you will never pay a house payment on this."

We kind of... It took a minute to think about that. The fact that our friends and family and the gods all built a house for us. They didn't have to. We never suggested anything like that. We never expected them to do that. Maybe like a nice dinner sometime. That was it. Nothing...

Nothing this big.

"Do you like it?" Mom asked the two of us as we slowly nodded our heads.

I was in shock. We both were.

And as if that wasn't enough. Time to show us around the house. Our dream house.

First they showed us the living room. Which was amazing and beautiful. The dining room was the same thing. Beautiful. And the kitchen...

My dad for me a cutting board with a built in scale. Which was... I mean he got a shit ton of stuff. That was just the first I noticed.

The master bedroom was beautiful, and so was the master bathroom. The entire house was amazing, I'll cut it down to that.

And uh... The garage.

It had two cars in it.

"Oh, sweet rides." I remarked as we walked into the garage. "Who's?"

"Your guy's."

Hades handed us the keys.

That was another heart attack in itself.

But they helped up move in what we needed in. Basically the basics. We actually didn't have a ton of huge stuff. Just a lot of the small stuff that'll take forever to put away.

Sadly, everyone had to fly back that night. I was just amazed, though. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms. One of them will be a nursery. One day. One will be a guest room. One will be a spare. And then our room.

It was around 8 when I got a call from Gordon. In the middle of making dinner.

"Hey, Gordon." I said as I put an egg on. Bibimbap always has to have an egg. It's not the same without it. "What's up?"

"Percy, hi," my cousin replied. "So our plane just got delayed for another day. Were at the Minneapolis airport right now. I know you said you'd be moving soon, are you guys are your new place? And if so, would it be possible that we could crash there tonight?"

"Oh, yeah!" I told him. "We moved in today, actually. I'm making dinner right now, have you guys eaten?"

"No, we haven't." Gordon told me. "That'd be great if you could make up something. If not, I always can. What are you guys having?"

"Bibimbap." I answered his question, taking the egg and putting it on top of the rice. "It's our first night here, so we figured something nice would be nice. But I have a bunch of extra rice, so I can just cut up everything else and it'll be good. I'll text you the address."

"Sounds perfect!"

Once he hung up, I texted him out address and whipped up a bit more food for their Bibimbap.