(Actual) Chapter Twenty Seven

Nico

College stuff started to come in about a week later. Letters for Percy and brochures for me.

It was Percy's third letter. He got rejected from both colleges in New York. So we knew for sure he'd be out of state. Which was fine. We were planning that I moved out with him anyways.

He got accepted to the University of Minnesota Duluth.

So of course, we had to celebrate that night. We didn't plan on his dad showing up. Or mine. Or any gods.

Poseidon

Zeus, Hades, and I were in the area. Zeus owed Percy an apology. I owed him a Christmas present. Hades was with just for the hell of it. To get away from the underworld for a while.

At least Hades likes his wife. Mine won't sign the divorce papers.

I fucking miss Sally, okay. It's not healthy at this point. We haven't been together for over 18 years.

It seems like a lot longer than that.

Paul answered the door and, although slightly confused, let us inside. To a mini party.

I mean, there was 4 people there. But it obviously a celebration.

And then a voice gave away that it was five people.

"You aren't my mother," Percy joked. "My mom is over there, trying to get Susan into something nice so we can leave."

That's when I realized that Sally was wearing a dress, and Paul was wearing a very clean cut outfit. Sally was trying to get a baby, I'm assuming who is names Susan, into a cute little dress. She must've been about a year old.

She was adorable. I'm just saying.

We asked where Percy was, and they told us in his room.

"Percy, where's my tie?" Nico asked, which threw all three of us off. Hades and I shared a confused look. Last I checked, Nico and Percy didn't get along.

"I don't know," Percy told Hades' oldest son. "Wherever you put it last. I haven't seen it."

We made to Percy's room, and saw the two boys in there. Both wearing very nice outfits.

Something must've happened that I missed. I know Percy's a senior, but school doesn't get out until the very end of May.

I wonder if it's maybe Paul's birthday. It's not Sally's. Not Percy's or Nico's...

Why was Nico here? Annabeth, I'd understand. Annabeth and Percy have been together for God's know how long now. I didn't think they'd last that long but... I was proven wrong. Nobody thought they'd last longer than a year.

Zeus took Percy out into the hall and we were left with Nico, so was looking for a tie. Once he found it and went to put it on, he noticed us.

"Poseidon, Dad..." Nico remarked and stopped, tie in one hand and a phone with the flashlight on in the other. "What are you doing here?"

He turned off the light and put his phone away.

"We were in the area," Hades told his son. "Zeus owed Percy an apology after this summer, and Poseidon had something to drop off. I would've dropped off something had I known you were here."

"Got it." He commented and went to put his tie on.

"Why are you here?"

"Because when Sally and Paul found out Mom and Bianca were dead they weren't having it." Nico explained to the two of us. "I didn't have a choice, they made me move in."