Chapter Ten

Jason

We went to see if Nico was ever coming back after he was two days late coming back to camp. He says 3 days. It's day 5. And he never let any of us know he wasn't coming back.

Now, I've never been in the mortal world outside of a quest and that one field trip where I... Yeah. You know how that went down.

It was Piper, Hazel, Leo, Grover, Frank, and myself. 6 of us.

Knocking on the door, a middle-aged man with salt and pepper hair answered the door. It was 6:30. I imagine Percy and Nico are awake. They normally wake up at 6. Or earlier. Breakfast is at 7, after all.

He knew Grover.

"Grover," the guy said. "Hi! I didn't know you'd be here, I would've made a lot more food."

"Oh, no, it's fine, Paul." The satyr assured this man. Who he was, I don't want to assume anything. Percy might have two dad's, I don't know. Gods can do that. Apollo told me all about it. "It was a last minute thing we decided on this morning."

He invited us inside and it was... Small.

I guess I expected Percy to have this really nice home. Even if it was an apartment, a nice one. Big, luxurious. Not as small or, nor bland. It wasn't bland. But it just didn't seem to suit Percy.

None of us, aside Grover, expected this.

"Percy and Nico are both still asleep." Paul told us. "You can try to wake them up, I won't stop you. I have to leave in a few minutes for work, but Sally should up soon, especially if Tenaya wakes up. Bathroom is all the way down the hall, Percy's room is the first on the right."

So Paul must be Percy's stepdad. Then either Tenaya or Sally is his mom, the other is... A relative of some sort. Maybe a little sister?

I realized how little I knew about Percy's life outside of camp.

Paul left for work and we were off to wake up two demigods.

Let me explain how opposite they were in how they slept.

Percy was fully dressed. Wearing a baggy as shit sweater, and baggy sweatpants. It was like 73° in his room, too.

Nico, on the other hand was much more reasonable and slept in nothing but his underwear.

Now, when he had been debating who this date would be with, I was strong in saying it was Percy. Before Nico told me, I knew. It was Percy. But nobody would ever think about it, because Percy is, as far as we know, straight.

As far as they know. I have other heard otherwise.

Out of Percy's mouth.

He was very paranoid that others could hear and that's why I kept my mouth shut. I suppose, he goes to public school. If there were a few kids who found out and didn't like it, that changes a lot.

But all of that went out the door when it was pretty fucking obvious that they were cuddling. Nico was basically laying on top of the son of Poseidon, who had his arm around Nico, resting on his back.

I looked back at my friend's.

"And you guys said I was full of shit."

"Jason, man, I've had to share a bed on the Argo with Nico." My best friend told me. "Despite everything you would think, I have never met anyone that has been more of a cuddler than Nico di Angelo. I woke up and we were spooning. It was awkward. We didn't know he was gay back then, which made it even weirder. So you can't assume anything off of that."

"Exactly." Frank agreed. He's been stubborn about Percy being straight. "Plus, we have no proof that Percy swings that way. At all. So if anyone has proof speak now or forever hold your peace."

When I glanced over, Nico's breathing had changed. He was awake. Wasn't doing anything, though, because of the conversation. He was going to see if I would keep my word, keep my mouth shut.

"I'm just basing this off what I know about Nico." I told them. "I don't know Percy well enough for him to tell me anything personal."

Everyone looked at Grover.

"As far as I know," the satyr defended. "He has never had a boyfriend. He hasn't told me anything about Nico aside that he's at his place."

"Crushes?"

"Rachel and Annabeth, both of which he's moved on from."

We all looked at each other.

Rachel?

What the fuck, Percy?

"They used to be closer," Grover explained to us. "Before she became the Oracle. It wasn't a huge crush. All I know is that Percy is basically the opposite of a cuddler. Very rarely will he let somebody in the same bedding area as him. It's even rarer that he will be cuddly. I saw it once on a quest. And with where we were sleeping, he was probably getting high second hand. So that's all Nico."

We all looked at each other, unsure as what to do.

So we settled on going out to the living room and waiting until one of them woke up so we could figure this shit out. Despite me knowing what was going on. And I wouldn't doubt Grover knew, too. Percy probably tells him everything.

There wasn't much on Tv, but they found something that was kind of childish, but okay. SpongeBob. They loved it. I've never seen it. I never watched TV unit Camp Half-Blood. We didn't have that in Camp Jupiter. In the city we did. But I didn't care enough.

I still don't get how to do anything more than call or text on my phone. I was raised without almost any technology. Radio for demigods and that was about it.

Anyways, Leo had gone up to get us some snacks when he ran across something that made him stop. Which meant it must've been interesting.

"Okay, I take back what I said about the cuddling." The son of Hephaestus informed us. "I think it's safe to assume stuff."