When did dreams turn into reality? Chapter 6

Mitchell POV

'For the love of God,' my Father suddenly exploded and I spun around to see what was wrong.

'Stop. Pacing.' He hissed though his teeth, 'can you not wait one more day?'

I closed my eyes, and kept my breathing neutral. 'I can't stop thinking about her. Her hair, her lips, her thoughts...'I trailed off, guilt radiating from my body when I remembered what she'd last said. 'She's never going to forgive me!' I threw my self on to the couch, snarling between breaths. 'You want me to take over from you one day, and Mother wants the same thing. But I can't do that without her, and she'll never forgive me!' I almost howled the last words, and I briefly heard my Father sigh in annoyance.

'Ring your Mother,' he growled at me, tossing me the phone.

I stared at it as if it were Solo, and then looked up at my Father in confusion. 'But you forbade me to talk to Mother, Eva doesn't even know who she-'

'Well, you need her more than you don't,' he hissed at me, storming out of the room, leaving me speechless and holding on to the phone as if it were a lifeline.

Ring ring...ring ring...ring r-

'What do you want,' a gloriously familiar yelled down the phone. 'No, wait, don't answer that you probably just want-'

'Mum?' I cut her off and there was silence.

'Mitchell?' Her voice was quiet, but I could sense the tremor underneath it. I felt the same way. Father had forbidden us to talk, and we had respected his wishes for seven years. But I still missed her.

Missed her more than I could say.

'Mum,' I started shaking, 'I can't...I need...Help...Eva,' I stammered the words, a single tear falling down my cheek. I knew she'd know what I meant.

She just did.

'Hush, baby, hush,' Mother whispered down the phone, 'is this your soulmate?'

See?

'Yeah, and I brought her here, and Solo killed her, and I brought her back and then she Fell. But I caught her and she stabbed my wing and I had to put her in the cell because of Father's rules, and I just...' I trailed off, sobs catching in my voice.

'You put her in prison?' Mother snorted down the phone, her tone indicating her disbelief.

'Yes,' I almost wailed.

'O.K. breathe,' she told me, 'how long has she been in there?'

'Six days,' I whimpered.

'How long does she have to stay in for?'

'Seven days, but Mum, she's screaming, they keep making her scream, and I just can't...I need to get her out Mum.'

'Let me talk to your Father,' Mother growled down the phone, her breathing uneven.

I wiped my eyes and turned ready to go and find Father, but he was just...there. I blinked in shock and he gave me a half smile and held out his hand for the phone, raising an eyebrow at me. I gave it to him silently, wondering if he'd ever left.

'Hello?' He asked curiously down the phone. 'She needs to learn her place...I know that...Well if you think you could do any better...Screaming? ...I told them not to hurt her...Samuel and Gabriel...They wouldn't have...Well she needs the blood...That was probably it...Yes, alright...I'll do that...You keep your other son under control as well...It's half his fault...Yeah...Bye.

Father called off and then glanced down at me, a smile toying at his lips, 'go on,' he stepped away from the door and I starred at him warily. 'I'm letting you get her out, although you might want to hurry,' he mused. 'Gabriel and Samuel are going to try and feed her again in thirty-seven seconds.'