"Xylon. No, I swear, I--"

Ending the call, Xylon tossed his phone onto the nightstand, dropping his head into his hands as he slowly counted down from ten.

"3... 2... 1."

"Xy?" Akira knocked softly, stepping into the door frame.

"What?"

"I just came to tell you everything's all set."

Xylon stood up, snatching his phone, adjusting his tie, and making his way towards the front door, tossing his suit jacket over his shoulder.

"Pay attention because this is gonna go by kinda fast." He began, as the car beeped twice, signaling the doors had been unlocked.

"As far as anybody knows, we're here working," he says, slipping a badge into her pocket.

"Don't say your name, don't introduce yourself, and I'ma do all the talking. When we reach, I'ma start inspecting the scene. Teyana and Kari should be ready by then. When Kari's ready, he'll contact you through the headset, as will I if needed, but shouldn't be. We gotta make this fast. Your sister and your ex husband ain't too bright but they move quick. I'm tryna hurry and get to them befo' they try to flee."

Akira rolled her eyes as she slipped on her boots, tying her hair up.

"You don't have to tell me. Let's not forget I wasn't when we first met either, and I still have my moments."

"We working on it though, and you ain't them. C'mere."

Akira stood in front of him as he briskly attached a small mic set to her bra, tucking it under her shirt.

"Try not to move too much, or you'll fuck up my ears. I'on wanna hear all that extra static and shit."

Akira nodded as she then attached his mic set to his attire, concealing the wires under his dress shirt.

"Same to you. Xy?"

"Akira?" He led her towards the car, opening her door.

"You think she'll be there?"

"Who?"

Akira shot him a knowing look.

Xylon briefly paused his actions, turning to peer into her eyes, exhibiting a significant amount of warmth and concern. She could tell by the tired expression on his face and the bags under his eyes that he wasn't sleeping well. She instantly regretted her inquiry.

"Possibly, but I wouldn't hold my breath. By the way, shit been moving, I'm sure they know we coming and have her hiding out somewhere." He sighs.

"Guess we both got a kid to look for." He shifted the car into reverse and backed out of the driveway.

"Wait, what? Who are you looking for?"

"Deysany's missing."

"What?!"

"Otero took her." He released a breath. "He's the one who told her who I am."