Get To Know You

Jungkook sighed as he knocked on Taehyung's door, "At some point you have to come out and eat Taehyung." He heard shuffling before the door was yanked open, "What do you want? I'm in the middle of a very important project," Taehyung said. Jungkook took time to study his face. Taehyung had dark circles under his eyes and he just looked exhausted.

"When's the last time you slept," Jungkook whispered and he ran his thumb under one of Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung's breath hitched from the touch and he leaned into it. Jungkook grabbed Taehyung and pulled him out his room. "What the heck," Taehyung yelled. Jungkook only looked at him before dragging him down the stairs and into the kitchen.

He put down a bowl of noodles and a cup of apple juice, "Eat." Taehyung glared at him, "No." Jungkook leaned in and placed his forehead onto Taehyung's. "It wasn't a question," He hissed. Taehyung gulped and ate the noodles. Right after he drained all the apple juice from the cup he burped. Jungkook sat down satisfied that Taehyung ate.

"You know we can't keep doing this right?" Taehyung frowned, "What?" Jungkook leaned forward, "We've been avoiding each other since Jin left, which was a week ago. We can't keep doing that." Taehyung looked away guiltily and sighed. Jungkook continued, "I know that you might not like me, but I just want to be friends or at least be able to have a civil conversation." Taehyung considered and finally nodded in agreement.

"Fine, let's get to know each other." Jungkook stood and walked into the living room to sit in the couch. He watched as Taehyung took a seat beside him. "I'll go first, I guess," Taehyung mumbled. "I'm from Daegu, I'm 18 and um I'm currently taking online college courses."

Jungkook widened his eyes, "Seriously? I didn't know you were in college." Taehyung nodded and blushed, but didn't say anything. "Well, my turn. I'm from Busan, I'm 21 and I work with Jin hyung at Fallen Stars. I sing, rap, and dance, but you all ready knew about the singing though." Taehyung nodded to the new information and cleared his throat, "That was awesome this was a rea-" Taehyung's phone went off beside Jungkook. "See who it is for me," Taehyung said. Jungkook picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID, "It says Unknown Caller."

Taehyung shook his head and took the phone to answer it. "Hello?" A high pitched that Taehyung hoped that he would never hear again answered "Taehyung! Baby boy you haven't been returning my calls, how have you been." Taehyung looked over at Jungkook and walked back to the kitchen for some privacy. "Didn't I tell you not to call my goddamn phone anymore," he asked through clenched teeth. "Kim Taehyung is that anyway to talk to your mother," she gasped.

"No it's not but I'm not talking to my mother I'm talking to you," he said. "I am your mothe-" Taehyung scoffed, "No you're just the woman who had me. I have a mother figure, but as of right now he's out of town so why the hell are you calling me?"

"Your step-father, he just found out he has a brain tumor and he's going to die soon," she sighed. Taehyung laughed bitterly, "Wow, always knew that the bastard would die,but I didn't know that it would be cancer. I thought it would be a fatal STD." "Don't talk about him that way," his mom yelled. Taehyung scoffed, "Funny that you get on to me, but when he was talking shit about me you never said a fucking thing. Don't try that bullshit with me and don't ever call me again." He hung up the phone and tears stung his eyes. Taehyung went straight upstairs and ignored Jungkook calling his name.

He only wanted to talk to one person right now. When he reached into his pocket for his phone he couldn't find it and realised that he left it downstairs on the kitchen counter. Sobs shook his body as he realised he didn't have the one person he needed to help him get through this again.