Epilogue

Y/N P.O.V

I spent three weeks in the hospital after that night. I'm not gonna lie. That man beat my ass. I had a severe concussion, a bruised everything, and I needed two blood transfusions. I'm just lucky to be alive.

All of Trey's properties were sold or seized by the state. That head that I found that night belong to a woman by the name of Natalie O'Grady. She was a hiker in the mountains and the police assumed she was looking for help during a snow storm. And the poor girl ran across the wrong house. She was missing for two weeks prior. I felt bad for her family. They couldn't even give her a proper funeral. Trey had chopped up her body and stuffed her remains in boxes in the basement.

It also turns out that the spyware Trey put in my phone was also on my car. The police raided his house in the 'burbs the same night I traveled to the mountains. And they used the tracking info to locate me and Aidan. I guess they were doing everything they could...

Jordan spent another five months in the hospital. I was by his side every step of the way from the time he opened his eyes to the moment he could finally sit up on his own. He had physical therapy for several weeks post his release from the hospital. He had to learn how to walk and use his limbs again. It was hard for him, but he did it.

Unfortunately, our marriage didn't survive all the mess that happened. In fact, right after Jordan finished physical therapy he filed for divorce. He told me he couldn't be with me after all that had happened between us, especially because of that psychopath. Apparently, I jeopardized his life and his business. Even though I helped the company stay on its feet while he was recovering. It hurt that my love and work went unnoticed by him more than enough times. I wanted to make it work, but some things aren't meant to last, I guess.

Jordan and I are co-parenting now. We settled all of that in court. Aidan is still as cute as ever and it's almost as if nothing happened when it comes to him. His smile brightens up my day and gives me a reason to keep living.

My experience inspired me to write a book. I named it 'Surviving Psycho'. It was a bestseller across the country and in part of the U.K. I made enough profit to take my book on tour and I opened up a photography business.

In a way, I'm living my dream. Hell, I may even try looking for love again.

But next go 'round I'll make sure to get to know the person before I decide to jump their bones. Lord knows I don't need another man to get things twisted.