Final Showdown Pt. 2

"Ahhhh!" he screamed into the open air

"Ahhhh!" he screamed into the open air. He violently pushed away from me and reached urgently for the knife. The blade was lodged in his back and was causing blood to pour out of the area just beside his right shoulder-blade. I watched in somewhat amazement and panic. I was stuck in an awkward trance. I quickly snapped myself out of it and ran towards the house before he could get to me. I hustled through the snow, kicking off my shoes in the process. The moment I opened the door and stepped inside the house, I heard a loud whistle.

I paused immediately when the large German Shepard appeared in front of me. He growled and bared his teeth at me, ready to attack.

He snarled and foamed at the mouth

He snarled and foamed at the mouth. I looked to the left of him and thought for a moment that I could dash past him and run to Aidan's room, but there was no way I could outrun such a huge dog. Yet, it wouldn't hurt to try...

I slowly raised my hand to him as he continued to bark and growl, "Good boy..." I bent at the knee, my hand moving closer. I crossed my legs and tried to turn us round so that l would face the door and he would be facing the house.

Suddenly, the dog bit at me then inched closer. Good thing I pulled my hand back before he could actually get me.

"Down boy...It's okay." I spoke again, but received another snarl in return, causing me to jump. I sucked in my breath and pressed my back against the nearest wall. In that moment, the dog realized the power he had over me and decided to attack. With his big white teeth, he leapt forward and bit down on my leg. I tried to turn away towards the door before he could catch me, which caused it to chomp down on my calf. His sharp teeth cut through the dress fabric and locked down. His hold pulled me to the floor, on my side.

I could feel the warm blood running down my leg. I let out an ear piercing scream and started kicked and punching the dog as hard as I could, but he wouldn't budge. Tears fell down my face because of the pain and I knew that Trey had gotten up by now and was probably on his was in, ready to take my life. I kept fighting and trying to pry its jaws off my leg.