Same Old, Same Old

Jordan P.O.V
I got out of bed even earlier this morning. My boss wants me in the office more and more lately. I know that Y/N and I just got into it about me not being home. It's just that I want to be the best provider I can be. I am the only one working in the house and that's just how I was raised.

After a damn near hour long commute to the office, due to traffic, I sat down in my cubicle only to get a call on my desk phone.

"Hello. Calloway speaking."

"Jordan in my office immediately, please."

"Yes, Sir." I sighed to myself as I hung up the phone and prepped myself for another long day.

Y/N P.O.V
Just another day in the life of Mrs. Y/N Calloway. I wake up the same time everyday, cook, clean and be a mother. Everyday of every week. After Aidan got to school, I went right back to the house.

I placed my keys on the wooden table by the door, kicked off my shoes, hopped on the sofa and turned on the T.V.

Around three, I headed out to pick up Aidan and then I played with him, fed him, then put him to sleep by 7:30. I took a needed bath and headed down the steps to the kitchen.

Before I reached the last stair, I heard the doorknob jingling. The door opened and his tall, muscular figure was shown.

"Hey." he smiled shutting the door  behind him.

"Hey...What are you doing here?"

"Oh, my boss let me off early." Jordan responded.

"Why is that...?" I asked walking towards him.

"You might want to sit down for this." he said uneasiness written all over his expression.

"Two and a half weeks?!" I yelled.

"Baby, calm down."

"No Jordan. I can't do that. We literally just argued about you not being home and now you're going on a business trip with your boss for half a month?! And your leaving tomorrow morning! You're barely here as is!"

He was silent.

"I'm really done with you right now." I turned my back to him.

"Come on, Y/N. What am I supposed to do?" He rose from his seated position on the love seat, "What?! You want me to be here every moment of every goddamn day?! I can't do that! I have more important shit to do!" He yelled.

I was hurt. 'More important things to do?' What am I to him? What is Aidan to him? Chopped liver?

"Thank you...Glad to see your true colors." I bit back the tears that nearly fell.

"Hey...I didn't mean to say that, okay? I-I'm-" he tried to reach for my hand. But I pulled away and walked to my bedroom. The tears were flowing down my face like a waterfall. He has the audacity to say his job is more important than his son and I. I curled up under the covers and tried to go to sleep. I heard Jordan enter the room. I pretended to be asleep. He started packing his bags. But I wasn't able to fake my slumber for long.

Jordan P.O.V
By the time I was ready and packed, it was nearly time for me to go to the airport and catch my flight.

I set my bags aside and kissed Y/N's forehead. I walked to Aidan's room and smiled to myself as he snored lightly. I kissed his head and fixed his blanket. I don't know why I would say such a thing like that about my family. I love them so, so much. I've got to be insane. But I also live them too much to quit my job and leave us starving or vulnerable. So that's why I'm going to this retreat. I left a note for Y/N to wake up to later on.

Then I left.