The Gift

Y/N P.O.V

I haven't seen Trey for days. He's texted me a quite a few of times to check up on me or asking if I was "visiting" soon. I haven't responded because I've been either with Jordan and Aidan or simply too afraid to respond. My guilt is slowly consuming me. Not to mention the fact that Jordan and I are planning a party at our house this week. Jordan said he wants to celebrate his new position and build a close, almost familial, bond with his new employees.

I've been calling all kinds of caterers and decor specialists and Jordan has been sending hundreds of e-mails to his employees and friends. The party will happen in three days. I'm becoming more and more nervous as the day nears.

"Jordan, I just called the caterer you wanted. They said the total cost for hors d'oeuvres, waiters and alcohol services will be about $4,500." I walked up behind him as he sat in the dining room chair. I wrapped my arms around his neck. My eyes glazed over the text typed upon his laptop in front of him.

He sighed, "That's not bad. Considering all the shit I'm asking for."

I kissed his temple and turned around to the sound of my son running into the kitchen. It feels great to have Jordan back. I don't think our family has ever been so close.

"Daddy!" Aidan shouted, hopping onto Jordan's lap.

"Hey, what's up apple-head?"

"My school is having career week. Can you speak to my class?"

"Uhh..." Jordan looked confused and lost. I completely forgot to speak to Jordan about the whole situation with Aidan missing him. I thought it wouldn't matter with the new promotion allowing him more family time.

"Jordan, I'm sorry it completely slipped my mind. Do you think you can get off sometime next week?"

"I'm sorry, buddy. Next week is my busiest week of the month. I'm gonna be drowning in corporate meetings. I just won't have the time." he frowned.

"You know what...It's okay. We will get somebody to come speak for you." I smiled picking up Aidan and placing him on the kitchen island. I kissed his forehead and grabbed him a snack.

I turned to Jordan,

"Babe, you said the position allows you to get an assistant..."

"Yeah."

"So, why don't you have your assistant help with something?"

"I still need to find the right one though. I've had a bunch of interviews and nobody seems right." he exhaled. I could see how tired he was. "Speaking of I have a couple people coming in tomorrow."

"Why is it so hard, huh? Are all those secretaries too intimidated by all of this smiling in the picture frame on your desk?" I said gesturing to my perfect figure.

He laughed lightly, "I don't know maybe they are..." he stood and wrapped his strong arms around me. I looked at him in adoration and he the same.

How could you do that to him? My mind played the moments in my head like a movie.

My mind jerked back from the painfully truthful memories that remain of Trey.

A weak smile graced my lips. I was hoping he wouldn't see the secrets hidden behind my faltering smile. I pecked his lips nervously and saw that it was time to make dinner.

********Following Day********

"Baby! Aidan, I'm home!" Jordan called as he entered the door. I love that he comes home just before nightfall, now. The three of us can finally eat as a family again.

Aidan and I descended the stairs together to greet him at the door. Aidan ran into Jordan's arms and he hoisted him into the air then placed a kiss atop Aidan's curly haired head and set him back on the floor to run off.

"Hey, Mr. Calloway?" I smirked giving him a deep kiss. His hands traveled down my back to my butt to which he gave a tight squeeze.
I hummed as I broke the kiss.
"How was your day?"

"It was good. I hired the perfect assistant today on the spot. They are just right for the job. I think they're working on some more party arrangements right now." he smiled.

"Aren't they coming in handy...?" I smiled and patted his chest playfully then headed to the sofa to watch t.v with my family.

****Saturday, Day of Party****

I woke up this morning to a note by my bed from Jordan. In summary, he said he had to step out for a few last minute things to make sure the party flows as planned.

I rose out of bed and did my daily hygiene routine. I put my hair into a messy bun and threw on a pair of jeans, a loose tee and Nike slides. I went straight to the front door to check the mail. To my surprise, there was a box wrapped in red wrapping paper with a large gold bow waiting at my doorstep. I grabbed the mail and picked the box up before walking back inside.

I was eager to open it. Jordan used to surprise me with many gifts before we hit our little rough patch. I threw the mail aside and placed my gift on the kitchen counter. The huge smile on my face made my cheeks burn. I peeled off the wrapping paper and pulled the top off the box. I pushed through a thin layer of tissue paper and saw a black, photography camera sitting in the box. It was identical to the camera I saw while with Angela. Jordan knows how much I loved taking photographs. I lifted the camera out the box and saw a square piece of paper with writing on it.

Hello Beautiful,

I thought you'd like to use this to take pictures at the party tonight. I hope you like it. 😉

xoxo, Trey