Fun

In a little over 45 minutes, Angie and I found ourselves inside the club surrounded by bodies gyrating and bumping into each other to get the bar. My ears were overwhelmed by loud music and my nose by the stench of alcohol. I stood nervously by the entrance of the club slowly taking in my surroundings. I felt like I didn't belong. Like everyone secretly knew I was married and may be disobeying my vows tonight with some stranger.

"Come on Y/N, loosen up!" Angie yelled over the music. "You're acting stiff. Just come chill with me at the bar." she said dragging me to the long bar top lined with black leather stools.

"Hi. We will have two martinis extra dry, please." Angela smiled at the male bartender.

I was getting way too flustered. For the past three years I've been the good wife. The homebody. I haven't been out to the club since my college days when me and Jordan were just dating and Angie was a lot more promiscuous. I'm so out of my zone that I can't see straight.

"Angie I can't do this." I said worriedly, my breathing growing slightly ragged.

"Yes! Yes, you can! You just need some liquor to loosen yourself up. Here," she handed me the martini glass filled to the brim with the clear alcohol. "Drink up."

I looked down at the drink unsure about my next move. Yet, when I thought of how much I needed a night like this. I needed to get away from that perfect little housewife role and take a walk on the wild side for a night. I can't let my anxiety ruin this moment in my currently very boring life.

"Fuck it." I grasped the thin glass and sucked the alcohol down in a flash. I cringed at the burning sensation in my throat. "I feel better already." I smiled. I looked down at my left hand and noticed I still had my ring on. For a split second, the sight of it made me second guess myself. Nothing tonight was promised, but I knew that the sight of this enormous ring would deter me from letting it all hang out tonight. I quickly took it off and placed it in my bag, while Angela's back was turned.

"Damn girl look at you go." Angela laughed."

"I think I want to dance." I shouted pulling Angie's arm to the dance floor.

Angie and myself danced to every song. I was having a ball. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. After a while I got a little tired and told Angie I was going back to the bar. She was currently occupied dancing on some random dude she found.

"Can I have a strawberry daiquiri?" I asked the bartender.

"Needed something to cool you off?" a heard a deep voice to my left.

"I'm sorry?" I asked once I turned to the side I saw a handsome face smiling back at me.