Chapter 32 It's All About The Competition

Start from the beginning

"So your a witch and they are vampires. What else exists werewolves? Fairies?" Charlie asked in bewilderment, trying to let it sink in.

"Werewolves?  Yes. Fairies? Not that I am aware of" Alice answered him.

"Wow this is a lot to take in" he exclaimed.

"Are you okay Angela?" I asked as I turned to see her reaction.

"You won't hurt me will you?" Angela asked both of them.

"You can trust them Angela. They won't hurt you in the slightest, they wouldn't hurt a soul" I answered for them. They nodded in agreement with complete sincerity on their faces.

"Well than I don't care what you are. You can't help what you are and considering you are using it for good by not harming humans I respect that" Angela stated with a smile and a nod. Alice squealed and hugged her. Angela laughed and hugged back.

"Wait... Carlisle is a doctor?" Charlie queried.

"Carlisle has been alive for a few decades and has mastered his self control. Since he survives on animal blood, he has no desire to hurt humans. In fact his vampire abilities significantly help him in completing his job" I explain.

"So you are dating a vampire and you are totally okay with it?" Charlie asked with a bit of concern.

"Well, he is dating a witch that could kill him any second. If he is okay with it, I am too" I state with a smile in Edward's direction.

"You better not hurt her buddy. I wasn't joking when I say I will shoot you... with wooden bullets of course" Charlie threatens.

"Myth. Wood does nothing to a vampire. The only way they can be killed is if you rip them apart and burn them, which is impossible for any human to do" Alice informs.

"Well I will find a way to hurt you" Charlie glared at Edward through the mirror.

"Do like... Sleep in coffins?"

"Myth" Alice stated.

"Moat? Castle?"

"Myth and also myth" Edward chimed in.

"Mmmm... bats?"

"Myth" I state.

"Do all vampires have gold eye?" Angela asked.

"No. Vampires that survive on human blood have red eyes" Alice informs.

"The werewolves? Where are they found? Do they change on the full moon? Oh god... do I know any?" Charlie questioned.

"There are some in the La Push area. As for you knowing any... I am not sure" Edward replied.

"Can you tell? I mean if they are a you know" Charlie asked concerned.

"No, not unless they tell you but many are tall, tan and they have a circular tribal tattoo on their shoulder" Alice explained.

"Jacob?!" Charlie exclaimed in shock "I knew there was something wrong with him as soon as he got a haircut and started to hang out with that group of boys. Do they.... do they kill people?" Charlie asked. It looked like he didn't really want to know the answer.

"No, in fact they try to stop people from getting killed. They hunt us, they are one of the few supernaturals that can kill us, along with Bella of course. We have a treaty with the tribe at La Push as we drink animal blood, so they do not harm us" Edward explained.

"Wow" Charlie whispered.

"Are you okay dad?" I asked to make sure he won't have a heart attack.

"I will be fine, it is just a lot to take in" He stated as the car was then engulfed in a few minutes of dead silence. Charlie pulls out, to start the journey back to Forks again. The whole way he seemed to be deep in thought. The car remained silent until Alice started a conversation with Angela. I felt a hand tap my side and noticed Edward had stuck his hand between the seat and the door. I grabbed it and smiled to myself as we continued driving.

After a few minutes I got bored of the drive and decided to test my teleportation skills. I clicked my fingers and all of a sudden all of us, including the car, were inside the carport attached to our house.  Charlie and Angela were shocked whilst Edward and Alice shook their heads in amusement.

"It was taking too long" I shrugged.

"Maybe warn the humans next time. Try to avoid nearly giving us a heart attack next time" Charlie stated with an eyebrow raise.

"Sorry dad" I apologise with a sincere smile. He nodded and got out of the car with the rest of us following soon after.

***********************************

"We need to start preparing for the competition tomorrow night" Angela stated as we were eating dinner, well apart from Edward and Alice of course.

"May I ask what competition?" Edward questioned.

"Bella here is in a singing contest tomorrow at 5" Angela explained for me. I nodded along as Edward looked shocked at first than happy.

"I will make sure I am there. I will tell the rest of the family tonight, I am sure they will come and support you too" Edward beamed proudly. I blushed looking down.

"Have you got an outfit?" Alice bounced.

"Yeah, Taylor helped pick it out" I saw her face drop so I immediately tried to cheer her up "but I will need someone to do my hair and make up?"

"Yay!" She exclaimed bouncing again. Charlie chuckled at her behaviour and smiled.

"With me by your side you will look like an angel tomorrow night! Eek!"