Chapter 14

-Eleanor POV-

I couldn't sleep that night, when it seemed like sleep was finally about to take over, I heard a key in the front door. I sighed, grabbing my headphones from my side table, plugging them into my ipod. I watched my bedroom door waiting for him to open it, which he eventually did. His dark eyes peering through. 

 'You're awake' He smiled. He ran his hands through his hair.

I sighed in disgust of his drunken manner, frantically, grabbing my Ipod again and turning it up as load as it would let me, so I couldn't hear him. I saw his body slacken with a sigh. He walked towards the bed and lay down next to me. He continued talking while an Ellie Goulding song blared in my ears.

He lay his head aginst my shoulder, I felt his warm breath against my skin as he sighed once again. He reached to the string of the earphone, tugging them out of my ear.

 'Will you listen to me?' he pleaded, his alcohol stained breath tingled against my cheek. 

 'I'm sorry I didn't pick you up from work, okay, I was angry and I know that's no excuse but I don't know how to deal with my problems and it seemed like drowning them in alcohol seemed like a pretty good idea at the time.'

 I shook my head, holding back the tears burning behind my eyes.

 'I can't do this anymore Freddie. I don't know where I stand with you anymore and that frustrates me. This isn't about you going out tonight. This is about you and me'

 'You know I love you' His voice was as soothing as velvet as he traced circles into my hand. I pulled my hand away.

I did  consider mentioning Rodneys lip but knew that would just make him ask questions about why I was in Rodney's car and would turn this situation on its head. 

'You really have a funny way of showing it'

 I put my earphones in my ear again. Freddie lay against the pillow next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist, planting kisses on my shoulder. My stomach was doing flips with every touch but I had to push my feelings aside for now, which was easier said than done. 

 He smirked, leaning forward to kiss me neck, then my cheek. I tried turning my head away from him, but his hand was already on my cheek. He swung his leg over my waist and sat, lightly, on my stomach. 

 'Freddie, get off'' I tried holding back a smile, wriggling beneath his grip.

 He pulled out my headphones again and sat up straight. 

'Eleanor Richards, you need to hear this.' He dramtically coughed, pretending to clear his throat

' I have never met someone as Stubborn, Argumentative, Dorky, Exhilarating, Incredibly Beautiful in all my life and I have no way to express the way I feel other than the over used I love you's that have been past down generation after generation, carelessly tossed around. But the difference is I mean it and I do not deny myself the pleasure of reminding you that I love you for the rest of my life. You make me feel like I'm actually worth something and that I have a reason to stay and honestly I don't know why you put up with me.'

 The tears glistened against my red cheeks not out of anger but out of adoration.

'You can tell me to leave, tell me I am not worth it, but what is done is done. I love you and nothing can change that.' Hearing someone tell you how much they love you is not something you could easily get use too, it seemed to make me less angry and as much as I tried it was my heart telling me to keep him close.

He gave me a cheesy smile. 'I love you, not for the way you dance with my angels but for how your name can somehow silence my deepest demons and suddenly all my worries disappear and i'm eight year old Freddie swinging on my swing set again. You somehow find colour in the darkest of places.'

'I may not be the prince charming you dreamt of as a little girl, but Eleanor Richards I have found exactly what I've been searching for.'

'Your drunk Freddie' I giggled through my tears. He rested his head against my forehead.

'But i'm sober enough to know how much I love you, and I plan on lying here with you in my arms and wiping away every tear on your cheek'

And then we kissed because thats what people do when they are in love, and lost for words. He lay down next to me drapping his arms arouns my waist.

'Promise you won't leave me' he mummbled into my shoulder.

'I don't think I could if I tried Freddie.'

'I love you' he whispered as sleep generously took over.

'I love you too' I nuzzled in to his chest, letting the beating of his heart send me off to sleep.