Chapter 4

-Eleanors POV-

Tuesday morning in the coffee shop was extremely slow. It was horrible. The day dragged on and I sat doing nothing when I could be doing something useful with my time.

Like scrolling through Tumblr and Facebook.

The smell of coffee lingered in the air and it was starting to get to much, my head was opening. I could feel the thumping ache behind my eyes, driving me crazy.

Emily had gone for lunch leaving me sitting staring at the four walls, which I had known so well at this stage. The walls were red with white polka dots and had art canvas' of tea cups and tea pots hanging from them. I had even discovered a damp spot in the far left corner that I really should tell Emily about.

I watched the coffee drip from the tap of the machine and it was driving me crazy, yet I couldn't bring myself to get up of the chair and wipe the end of the tap. 

Drip

Drip

Drip

My thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind when I heard the bell of the door ring. A women walked in pushing a pram.

I forced myself out of the chair and stood up next to the counter.

'Hello, welcome to "The Spotty Teacup", what can I get you?' I smiled the usual fake smile I had gotten so good at.

'Hi, just a coffee to go' she seemed stressed out, she dropped her handbag on the marble counter top and searched her bag while constantly blowing a strand of hair from her face. Luckily the baby in the pram was asleep.

I turned to the coffee machine and began making a strong cup of coffee, she looked like she needed it. 

I poured the coffee into a take away cup and added hot water.

'Milk and sugar?' I asked, looking over my shoulder at her.

'No thanks, just black'

I put a lid on the cup and turned putting it on the counter.  

'That'll be £2 please'

She handed me the exact change and rushed out the door.

I turned back around and washed the coffee machine after the mess I made. The bell on the door could be heard again.

'Hello, welcome to 'The Spotty teacup', what can I get you?' I asked as I turned around.

I was not happy with what was on front of me. Well at least I didn't want to be.

'Oh it's you' I sighed. Freddie stood leaning against the counter.

'Do you have a complaints box ? because that greeting was horrible' he smirked.

I rolled my eyes placing my two hands on the counter.

'How come I keep running into you, are you stalking me Freddie?' I only half joked.

He scoffed 'Trust me love, if I was stalking you, you would know about it' the smell of cigarettes from his breath was not as disgusting as it should be, it almost had a hint of mint in it.

'Well then you wouldn't exactly be a good stalker then would you?' He rolled his eyes but the corner of his mouth twitched up, almost carving a dimple into his left cheek.

I shook my head, trying not to stare. For some reason Freddie distracted me with every little movement, it was driving me crazy.

'Anyway, what can I get you?' I asked with a loud sigh.