Chapter 11

-Freddies POV-

'Basically' I sighed wiping the grease of my hand with a dirty rag. 'The engine is fucked'

Neil stood against the metal table in the garage twisting his lip ring between his fingers. 'So, basically I have to just replace the whole engine?' He asked me to clarify.

'Yeah, it won't be that big a job, its just the prices' I explained, closing down the bonnet of the Blue Nissan. Neil had a lot of cars, all racing quality.

'Well, I'll get you what ya need and leave you to it' Neil smiled, patting my shoulder.  

Neil was tall with short black hair. His build was bigger than mine and I immediately decided I should stay on his good side.

'Neil' A male voice called.

'In here Rodney' Neil shouted. The garage door was shoved open revealing four guys, one I recognised as Calum, all about the same height and build as Neil.

'Sup' one guys with short ginger hair nodded. He sat up on the counter next to Neil.

'How's he getting on?' Calum teased.

'Ah he's doing well. Better than you would' I grinned at Neils words.

'That's not hard' I added. Calum shoved my arm causing me to stumble slightly. He chuckled quietly.

I fixed the collar of my jacket and shoved my hands in to my pocket.

'This is Tommy, Marcus and Rodney' Calum pointed out starting with the ginger guy next to Neil.

'Fresh meat' Marcus, the blonde, laughed. I smirked at his remark. I immediately decided that Marcus was harmless.

Rodney leaned against the door eying me suspiciously. His brown quiff was messy on top of his head, his hand buried deep in the pockets of his leather jacket.

'You race?' He asked. His chin lifting up towards the sky at his words. I shook my head.

'Nah, I can just about fix an engine'

The guys laughed in unison. Except Rodney.

'What a pris' he rolled his eyes, pushing himself away from the door with his foot

'I'll stop by tomorrow morning then?' I asked Neil, ignoring Rodney's comment. I knew from Rodney's comment I wasn't welcome here.

'Sounds good' he smiled.

'Hey, you not coming to the race?' Tommy asked.

I shook my head. I hated racing. I hated what it was. It was just one big gambling game for everyone,

'Not my scene'

'Oh come on Freddie, its just a few races. Come down have a few drinks with us' Neil hopped down of the counter and walked towards me.

'We'd be delighted to have you' he added.

'Oh let him off' my head snapped in Rodney's direction 'he's a coward' he snickered. They were the exact word my father would scream at me when I stood up for my mother.

I felt my blood boil at his words. I really wanted to punch him in the stomach. My fist clenched tight in my pockets.

'Why not' I agreed. I wanted to say no but the way Rodney stood looking down on me like I was dirt under his shoe just like my father would

'Great' Calum shouted. Rodney shook his head and walked out of the garage.

I detested Rodney.

-Eleanor's POV-