Chapter 3

-Eleanors POV-

It was late when I woke up the next morning, or should I say afternoon. I lay looking up at the dirty white ceiling, contemplating whether it was a good idea to get up or not.

I decided that no matter how much I loved my bed, it would do me good to get up. I physically pulled myself out of bed and dragged my feet along the soft carpet and made my way downstairs

My feet were freezing when they reached the tiles of the kitchen floor, and craved the touch of the soft carpet beneath its feet again.

The house was empty meaning the girls were working. Thankfully, I didn't have to go back to work till Tuesday.

I opened the fridge to find something to eat.

It didn't take long to realise I seriously needed to go shopping. We had no milk, no butter, actually the fridge was practically empty, apart from a few yogurts and a half empty carton on orange juice.

I knew it was my responsibility to do the shopping since the girls were working. I sighed making my way back up to my room to get changed.

I grabbed a pair of tracksuit bottoms from the drawer and grabbed the first clean T-shirt I could find.

I quickly got dressed and tied my long brown hair up into a messy bun, pinning it into place.

I grabbed my jacket,quickly putting it on and grabbed my bag, which I had still failed to clean out, headed downstairs and straight out the door.

The sun was shining today, but it was no help in providing any heat. I shoved my hands deep into my pocket, trying to keep any heat they had left in them. 

I walked down the street and headed towards the town to our local supermarket.

I had noticed Freddie's car was still missing from his house, and my mind wondered where he stayed last night. I quickly tried to forget about Freddie. It was obvious being around him was a bad idea.

The supermarket was relatively quiet. I grabbed a basket and made my way around the aisle searching for foods we all liked, including Naomi's Pears and Tanya's Chocolate Ice-Cream.

When I finally had enough groceries to last the few days I headed up to the check out to pay.

The girl at the checkout carelessly scanned my items and looked at me.

'£76.47' she said in a flat tone. I searched my bag for my purse, finding it of course, at the very bottom of the bag.

I took out two £50 notes and handed them to her.

'Cheers' she mumbled, with the most unenthusiastic expression spread across her face. She handed me my receipt and change while I continued to pack the groceries into plastic bags.

'Thanks' I smiled once I was all set.

I made my way out the door and headed for home. The bags felt heavy and I wasn't sure if they would last the whole way home. My fingers were hurting from my tight grip on each bag.

I was so relieved to make it back to the street with all the bags still managing to hold my groceries. I quickly walked into my garden, letting the bags down on the door step while I took my keys from my bag.

I shoved the key into the door and twisted it to the right. The key seemed to be stuck and wouldn't budge.

'Come on' I sighed trying to turn the key again.

No luck

'Oh for fuck sake' I said a little louder than I meant to.

'Open' I shouted hitting the door with my elbow. I gave the door a kick before turning away, running my finger through my hair with a loud sigh.

This door was a joke. What was I suppose to do now? Sit on my doorstep for the next 6 hours.

I turned back to the door, taking the key out from the lock and putting it back in again, hoping that it might help.

I continued trying to turn the key, but it was obvious it wasn't working. I pushed against the door with my shoulder.

'What a fucking joke' I shouted. I was getting stressed out and angry. I told the girls that door needed replacing

I kicked the grocery bag off the step and shouted in frustration.

'I'm not sitting here for 6 hours'

I elbowed the door again. 'fucking  door' I shouted.

'And they say I'm crazy?' I heard a deep chuckle behind me say.

I turned to see Freddie leaning against the pillar of my wall. His nose was bruised as well as under his eyes.

'What do you want Freddie?' I asked, no, pleaded in fact, because unless it was important, I really didn't want to see him at the moment.

'To tell you you're turning the key the wrong way' he smirked. I stared at him with confusion, surely he was wrong. He walked into the garden and up the step, pushing me out of the way. I rolled my eyes and ignored his rude gesture, watching his attempt of opening the door.

He turned to me, giving me a wink, twisting the key in the opposite direction and pushing it open with such ease. He gave me another wink before moving out of the way to let me in.

A cheeky, smug impression spread across his face. It felt as if he was laughing at me. As if he had some sort of power over me and I was just the vulnerable girl next door

'I knew that' I felt my cheeks heat up and knew I was blushing. He nodded his head sarcastically

'Of course you did'

Shit, that's exactly the reaction he wanted.

'Yeah maybe next time don't kick the door, you might hurt its feelings' he joked.

I leaned down to grab the bags before stepping inside.

'Goodbye Freddie'

'What, no thank you?' He chuckled. His laugh gave me goosebumps. It was low and resembled the engine of a motorbike, yet there was something so appealing that made me want to hear it again.

'Freddie, go hang out with one of your friends in an alley somewhere' I sighed, trying to get rid of him.

'Is that what you think I do in my spare time?' He turned walking towards my gate. 

'Princess, you have a lot to learn about me' he laughed again.

I rolled my eyes closing my door.'I'd rather not'

I felt an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach.  

A mixture of nerves and excitement because no matter how much Freddie scared me and no matter how much I would try to stay away from him, I knew his dark and mysterious personality was enough to let curiosity drag me closer to him.

And in the end there would be nothing I could do to stop myself.