Chapter 13

-Freddie POV-

The room was dark. Not the darkness where you can make shapes out in the distance, but the darkness where your own hand was eliminated from any light.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

I was seated, unable to stand even if I wanted to. My hands and legs were tightly tied to a chair and for the first time I realised my mouth had a cloth tied around it. I clenched my jaw biting hard against the fabric.

'Freddie' a high pitch scream came from across the room, every hair on my body was raised. A spotlight lit up on across the room.

There she stood, screaming my name as David stood behind her, one hand clasping her neck the other exposing a knife.

Eleanor.

I pulled my arms in every direction possible, trying to escape.

'Freddie' her voice was helpless and fragile. Davids eyes were dark. He raised the knife to her neck and slowly slid it across her bare skin. I tried to scream her name, to let her know I was here but I couldn't. Tears fell from my eyes, I jumped up and down in the chair in frustration

Dark red liquid filled the gaps of the fresh wound as David let her lifeless body fall to his feet. But she didn't stop screaming. My name still echoed against the walls.

'Freddie'

One last scream and the darkness was gone.

*

I woke up in a puddle of sweat, opening my eyes to see Eleanor's sleeping body next to me.

I wrapped my arms around her, making sure she was really there, and not going to be taken away from me any second.

'You're here, you're here with me' I sighed, kissing her bare shoulder. She stirred slightly before turning to face me. Her eyes carelessly sparkled and her lips curved in to a beautiful smile.

She leaned in to kiss me, her lips teasing as they just brushed mine. I lifted my head towards her finding her soft lips again. She was here and not going anywhere.

'I love you' I whispered.

'I love you too'

*

-Eleanor's POV-

'El, could you wash them cups darling?' Emily called from across the café.

'Already on it' I reached my hands deep into the hot soapy water feeling around for the seeping dishes and washing it.

'Quiet today' Emily commented.

'Why don't you go? I can finish up here' I did owe her for all the times she let me go early. It was quiet all day, one or two here and there.

'Well I do have some Christmas shopping to do, so much preparation for one day'

I gave her a smile before looking away. I didn't want to think about the Christmas. I didn't even known if I'd see it.

'I'll head off so' she commented, grabbing her coat. 'The keys are in the cup'

'Yes, yes now go, I'll be fine' I laughed.

'Call me if it's busy' she slowly began to walk out of the café.

'Go before I change my mind'

She gave me one last smile before leaving.

*