Chapter 5

-Eleanors POV-

'Thanks for the lift home Freddie' I said once we pulled up outside my house. The rain had seemed to calm down but it was getting dark.

'No problem' he smiled, seeming unenthusiastic. I took of his denim jacket. He reached out to take it, exposing more of his arm. His burns were dark and differed from the blade marks that spread horizontally across his arm.

I wondered how many of them there was, how many times he felt he had to harm himself.

I looked away before he could notice me staring. I didn't want to ruin our first civilized conversation.

I opened the car door and stepped back out into the cold.

'Bye' I said, closing the door of his car.

He lifted his hand as a gesture before driving off. I watched as he reversed and sped down the road again. I really thought he would of went back home but I guess Freddie had other plans.

I grabbed my keys and opened the door with a full force shove.

'Home' I announced, leaving my bag and keys on the table in the hall and headed in to the kitchen

'Eleanor, you'll come out with me tonight won't you?' Tanya complained. Naomi looked at me shaking her head.  

I couldn't help but laugh, was she seriously asking me?

'I'll pass thanks' I smiled grabbing an apple from the fruit basket.

'Guess no ones going with you' Naomi sighed dramatically. We both laughed together.

'Come on guys, when's the last time we all went out together?' Tanya asked. I genuinely couldn't remember last time I had been out. I wasn't exactly...social. Either was Naomi.

'Please Girls, only for a few hours, there is a new nightclub open tonight' 

I took a bite out of my apple.

Me and nightclub didn't go in the same sentence. Naomi looked at me with a shrug.

'It has been a long time since we all went out' she added.

I looked to Tanya and then to Naomi. Tanya looked like she might explode if I didn't give her the answer she wanted.

'Fine' I was defeated. I suppose a couple of hours wouldn't do me any harm.

-Freddies POV-

She was afraid to talk to me?

Usually that would make me feel somewhat happy, like I was in control.

But it somehow bothered me that she was afraid to talk to me, because I wanted to talk to her and I wanted her to be able to talk to me.

Anyway, its not like it was going to affect me. I wasn't planning on seeing her again. I'm happy with the way things already are, I just needed to remind myself.

Maybe a night out was all I needed. I pulled out my phone and rang Calum's phone. He picked up instantly,

'Fredster, what's up mate?' He shouted through the phone.

'You coming out?' I asked.

'Yeah I'm not busy' Calum never was busy, he liked to think he was.

'I'll pick you up in a half hour' I said hanging up.

I headed for Calum's. He lived just outside off London city. It was a dump if I'm being honest, but it was better than living in a car like I usually was.