48.killer couple

The letter arrives through their mail slot on a Saturday afternoon. It was slipped in with the rest of their mail. It is off white with gold leaf in the corners. Their names written in cursive across the front.

Sam holds it up in confusion. He frowns at the envelope as he turns it over in his hand. There was no return address or anything that gave an indication of the identity of the sender. Colby stumbles into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

The midday sun is streaming through the window. Colby blinks against it's assault on his eyes. He makes his way over to the coffee pot and pours himself a mug. He turns his attention to the confused looking Sam who's facing the opposite counter.

"Whatcha got there?" Colby asks. He sets his mug on the counter and snakes his arms around Sam's waist. He places his chin on Sam's shoulder and stares at the envelope.

"I don't know. It came with the rest of the mail" Sam responds. Colby takes a step back and settles against the counter. He furrows his brow at the envelope.

"Who sent it?" Colby asks before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I don't know," Sam explains. Colby rolls his eyes.

"Well open it then," Colby instructs. Sam sighs and flips over the envelope.

"Your handiwork is all over the news," Sam says, not looking up. Colby's gaze flicks over to the small tv sitting on the corner of the counter.

The news are quietly playing. Colby grabs the remote and turns up the volume slightly. The news anchor is explaining that a body was found in small park early this morning. The victim was a twenty-something man who died due to blood loss from multiple stab wounds. They didn't have a lot of information at this time, but would continue to update viewers as the story developed.

Colby smirked as he turned the volume down. That man's death was still fresh in his mind. In fact, the news broadcast has reminded Colby that he still needs to clean the man's blood off of his knife. He's about to go do that when Sam interrupts him.

"Finally!" he exclaims as the envelope fully opens. Colby turns his attention to Sam. Sam pulls out a stiff piece of paper. It's off whit in color with gold leaf in the corners; same as the envelope. They lean over it and read it silently to themselves.

Sirs Brock and Golbach,

You are cordially invited to attended The Dinner on Tuesday, August 22.

Formal dress is required.

Cocktails will be served at 6pm.

Dinner will be served at 7pm.

Location is 8358 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA.

They both read it over a few times. Confusion takes up residence on both of their faces. With furrowed brows, they look at each other.

"Is this for real?" Colby asks. Sam shrugs his shoulders and relaxes his face.

"Possibly. I could ask Tim if he knows anything about it," Sam offers. Colby nods his head.

"Why don't you do that? I got to go clean up from last night," Colby says. Sam nods his head. He reaches his hand out, grasps Colby's waist, and pulls him closer. Colby cups Sam's face in his hands. They both lean in to place a gentle kiss upon the other's lips.

"Love you," Sam murmurs against Colby's lips. Colby pecks Sam's lips one more time before stepping out of his grasps.

"Love you too," he says before retreating down the hallway. Sam shuffles the invitation back into the mail and gets ready to head out.