34.Two of you

"How would you feel about it?" Sam's voice is soft, echoing in my ears like a gentle wind.

I wasn't paying attention, too focused on the task at hand to actually bother with his words tonight. It's our first kill since he got put on suspension. There's blood everywhere, just like the old days. Blood on the ground, blood on Sam... blood everywhere but on me.

I've learned where to stand when he does this. It's always about placement... all of it. "Feel about what?"

Sam chuckles, wiping his gun off and then his mouth. He drank from her, I watched him do it and now I can see that tent in the front of his leather pants, signifying everything that he is.

The blood lust, the need to feed from another... all of it. But I love him for it all, just the same. He's mine and that's what matters the most.

I stand up, my eyes glittering as I pour the gasoline over the body. Okay... so maybe I enjoy getting rid of the evidence for our employers a bit too much sometimes. But not the way he does.

"Weren't you listening at all?"

I shake my head. "Sorry, too involved in cleaning up your damn mess." I smile at him and he shakes his head, lighting a cigarette and then tossing the match on the body as I turn to walk away, my bag over my shoulder. "What did you ask, baby?"

He snorts, puffing on his cig as the night ignites behind us. "If you could give me double the pleasure... what would you say?"

I smirk, turning to him for an instant and then laughing as I start running between the crates on the dock, heading for where we left his motorcycle.

"I'd say okay, you know that!" My voice carries back to him as I run like I have not a care in the world... and I don't. I have him, I have an income again... and I get my needs filled in every way.

Sam is behind me in an instant, swiping me up and planting me on his bike, sliding on behind me. "You drive tonight."

I turn it on, the engine roaring to life as I cling to the machine, peeling out and heading straight for the heart of the city. We weave between traffic the way I always do when I drive, not caring for anything in the world. If I die, my lover will simply bring me back to be with him for eternity. We've already agreed to that.

My laugher rings out, my body feeling freer than it has in months. I needed tonight... in every way.

Sam clings to me, his mouth at my neck, teasing the new tattoo there. The evidence of his arousal presses into my ass and I know I'm in for it - hard and rough - when we get home.

But he doesn't let me get all the way home, rather, he stops us by a shop where he makes me wait as he runs inside. We're close to Corey's place, but not close enough for that to be where he's going.

I don't recognize the storefront he slips into and I just wait, wondering how he can walk in somewhere bloody and not get the cops called. But... his problem... not mine. I crack my neck and wait.

When he comes back out, he has a small package under his arm and he climbs back on, holding me tight again. "Go."

I take off like a bat out of hell. The wind whips at us, freeing my soul and tangling my hair. It feels like I imagine heaven would. Or maybe... just my heaven.

All too soon, we're in front of my apartment complex and we're climbing off the bike. I toss him the keys and take out my own for the door. I swipe my ID card to let us in and then we climb the stairs to my floor.

We're inside in a matter of minutes and he's heading for the shower, stripping as he goes. I pick up the clothes, putting them into a plastic bag for disposal later.