𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝒏𝒐.𝟐

bonus chapter | mistletoe

mistletoe.

↠↠↠

The snow crunched beneath Lydia's feet as she walked across the field. Charles had sent Lydia, Peter, Scott, Jean, Kurt, Ororo, Jubilee, Ivy and Sophia to go pick out a Christmas tree for the school. Sophia would've created one herself, considering she could control nature, but she had only just mastered making flowers grow and making a tree grow was a whole other thing.

Tall, fluffy pines were lined up on either side of the group, creating a natural walkway. Kurt was holding the ax, as he had decided that none of the rest of the group could be trusted with it. As the sun began to set, causing the orange and pink hues sparkling across the snow, it took the already-lacking warmth with it. Ivy was the only one completely fine with the weather, given her abilities were being able to control fire, so she was happily strolling along besides Jean who had Ivy's jacket draped across her shoulders.

"What about this one?" Jubilee asked, pointing to a medium-sized tree to her left.

"We had one twice that size last year," Jean commented from beside Ivy, as she eyed the tree.

"Well, that means we need one four times this size," Peter stated, flicking a branch of the tree so that snow was flung at Scott, who glared in response.

"Can I put zee angel on zee tree?" Kurt inquired excitedly.

"Sure, Blue," Scott replied, coming to stand at Sophia's free side, in an attempt to avoid any further pestering from Peter.

Everyone resumed walking, and the speedster slowed to fall into step besides Lydia. A gust of wind hit Lydia, causing her to pull her sweater tighter around herself.

'Say that it's cold,' Jean thought inside her head. Lydia turned to her with an inquisitive brow raised. 'Like shiver or something so that Peter would give his jacket to you.'

Lydia looked over towards her boyfriend who was busy evaluating the trees. Lydia was definitely wishing she had that silver jacket of his on.

"I'm really cold," Lydia said, shivering.

Peter glanced at Lydia, then realized what she was hinting at and held his hands out in exasperation. "Well damn, Lyds, I can't control the weather!"

Lydia glared at her boyfriend. "You're an arse," she told him.

Peter stared defiantly back at Lydia for a few moments, before groaning and shrugging off his jacket. He slung it over Lydia's shoulders, and she nuzzled into the coat, thankful for the newfound warmth. It smelled like him: a bit of junk food and body wash.

Peter wasn't actually cold due to his high metabolism — just stubborn. But when he saw the way Lydia pulled her arms through the sleeves and snuggled into it, he felt his heart swell. The arms of it were far too long for her, so the ends of the sleeves stopped at her knuckles. The bottom of the jacket fell past Lydia hips, and the entire thing enveloped her. Lydia looked positively adorable.