𝑡𝑒𝑛.

10. | chapter ten

❝off to battle

off to battle.

↠↠↠

Early the next morning, everyone met up in the living room and then walked towards the lab to get Hank who had spent the entire night before creating uniforms for everyone to withstand the G-Force of Hank's jet. They were immediately greeted by a note on the labs door. "Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X — Hank."

The group didn't think much of it before they walked into the lab. The whole room was a mess with all of the lab and science equipment thrown around everywhere and smashed, including the tables and chairs. The only thing that wasn't smashed was the crate sitting on the other side of the room.

"Damn," Lydia mumbled as Charles walked towards the back of the room, everyone slowly following him.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik asked from the door.

Lydia shared an uneasy look with Alex before walking to the crate marked with an 'X'. Charles opened it up to see eight yellow and black suits. Lydia immediately pulled a face. "Yellow is definitely not my colour," she said. "Should've gone with green."

"I think fashion should be the least of our worries," Erik told her before nodding. "Hank has been busy."

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex asked with a disgusted look on his face.

"As none of us are mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up," Charles said, grabbing the first yellow suit that laid on top.

↠↠↠

The group all met up at the airbase in their yellow suits. Lydia was a bit disgusted in the yellow suit she was wearing but she couldn't complain if it meant that her skin wouldn't rip to shreds from the G-force. The group stood still as they stared up at the jet in awe and waited on Hank to appear.

"Where is Hank?" Raven eventually asked.

Lydia sighed as she placed her fingers onto her temple to see where he was and immediately heard his thoughts. Hank was embarrassed with what he looked like, but Lydia honestly thought that he looked pretty cool with his new blue furry look. Charles smiled down at Lydia as he read her positive thoughts.

"I'm here," Hank voiced out.

Everyone turned their heads and watched as Hank's silhouette made its way towards them. When he got into view, Hank's skin was completely blue and he had fur covering his body.

"Hank?" Erik asked.

"It didn't attack the cells, it enhanced them. It didn't work," Hank looked down.

"I think you look cool," Lydia smiled at him. He gave her a thankful smile in return.

"Yes, it did, Hank. Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be," Raven spoke as Hank walked up to her. "This is you." Raven caressed his cheek. "No more hiding."