𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

14. | chapter fourteen

❝2023 (70 years old)

2023 (70 years old).

↠↠↠

A small group of mutants flew in a jet on their way to other mutant allies. Over the years while Magneto grew stronger in power and when Jean Grey caused massive destruction when her Phoenix form grew too strong to control, the humans grew scared of the mutants. So, they created these Sentinel beings using Raven's blood when she was captured in the seventies to take down the mutant race. Only so few were left now.

"I can't wait to see Kitty," Charlie, Lydia Xavier's son said as he sat in the jet with a small smile on his face. "It's been like, what, ten years since I've seen her?"

"Charlie, please quieten down your thoughts," Lydia chuckled, shaking her head at her son. "You are reminding me too much of your father."

Charlie scrunched his face up. "I did not need to know that about Dad."

"Nawwww, poor Charlie hasn't been snogged in oh so long," Avery, Lydia's daughter, pouted as she teased her younger brother.

Charlie narrowed his eyes at her. "At least it proves that I'm loyal to her."

"How do you know whether she's still in love with you?" Avery asked him. "No contact with her in such a long time. And you know her history with Bobby."

Charlie sighed softly. "I have faith."

"I don't know how I would survive without my love," Avery smiled sweetly as she turned to Logan, who, in return, grinned at her.

"I love you, Babe," he said.

Avery smiled back. "And I love you."

Charlie huffed as he crossed his arms. "Stop shoving your love in my face."

"Let them have it," Erik commented lightly, finally speaking up. "These have been dark times. It's always nice to have something good, even if it's between someone I've despised for some time and my granddaughter."

Logan chuckled. "Good to know I still have your approval, Gramps."

"And at least Dad liked him," Avery said.

"Your father liked everyone, Sweetheart," Lydia smiled lightly. "I think he just liked annoying Logan more than anything."

Logan chuckled. "Yeah, annoyed me for a while, then he grew on me."