𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

17. | chapter seventeen

 | chapter seventeen

unexpected visitor.

↠↠↠

Being woken up early on a tuesday morning brought back memories of her schooling years for Lydia. The sound of someone continuously knocking on the front door with no response from Hank made her to sit up in her bed. Lydia groaned as she rubbed her head, slightly hungover from the previous day. She could hear Hank talking to someone downstairs, probably trying to get them to go away.

Reaching over to the bedside table, Lydia picked up a glass of water as well as her tablets and popped them into her mouth before using the water to swallow them. She then waved her hand and telepathically got her bottle of alcohol to fly over from her desk towards her.

The sound of Hank growling and someone screaming brought Lydia to a stand, although quite wonkily, and she hurried towards the entrance of the house, only stumbling slightly at her doorway. Lydia walked towards the top of the stairs and saw Hank hanging from the chandelier with a man lying on the table underneath him.

"Hank, what the hell is going on? And why are you swinging from the chandelier?" Lydia asked him. The two males looked up at her as she began to walk down the stairs.

"Lydia?" The man on the table asked.

"What?" Lydia sniffed as she rubbed her nose and then stopped in front of the two.

"You know this guy?" Hank asked her.

Lydia shrugged. "He seems a bit familiar."

The man smirked. "The name's Logan, and the pictures I've seen of you don't do you justice at all."

Lydia scrunched up her nose. "You're like, what, fifty?"

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Is that how you're gonna do this?"

Lydia rose her eyebrows up in a teasing manner, a mischievous smile playing at her lips. "Bite me."

A thud of feet were sounded coming closer, and Lydia turned around to see Charles walking down the stairs. "Lydia, stop flirting with the guests," Charles said. "It's makes both Hank and I very uncomfortable."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Yes sir," she sarcastically said.

"Professor?" Logan asked.

"Please don't call me that," Charles said.

"You can walk," Logan blatantly pointed out.

"You're a perceptive one," Charles rolled his eyes.

"I thought Erik...."

"Which makes it slightly perplexing that you managed to miss our sign on the way in, and this is private property my friend. I'm gonna have to ask him to ask you to leave," Charles sat down on the step as Lydia got off of the stairs and leant on the railings.