𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

07. | chapter seven

❝shaw and the spawn of satan

shaw and the spawn of satan.

↠↠↠

Once the group had all calmed down, Charles ordered them to clean up the area before they return with Shaw. With the help of Lydia's magic, it was done within half an hour. Darwin and Alex took up the remaining time playing an arcade game while the rest of them sat on the couch.

"Oh, I didn't know the circus was in town," one of the workers sounded from behind the glass. "Hey, come on, honey. Give us a little..." he flapped his hands like he had wings. "No?" He then turned to Hank. "Come on, let's see the foot."

Lydia stood up from her spot on the couch and walked over towards the window. The men grinned. "Come on, little witch. Let's see your magic." Lydia stood in front of them, stuck her middle finger up and then closed the blinds. She walked back over towards Raven and sat back down beside her.

"They're just guys being stupid," Raven told Angel, noticing her saddened face.

"Guys being stupid I can handle. Okay? I've handled that my whole life," Angel looked around the group. "But I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me."

"At us," Raven nodded.

The room began to shake and a noise sounded from outside the glass. "What was that?" Darwin asked.

The noise sounded out again and everyone quickly stood up and walked towards the window and opened up the blinds to see what was happening outside, only to see nothing. "I don't know. Something doesn't feel right."

The sound of a drum continued to bang and shake the room. "Lyds, can you see anything?" Raven asked.

Lydia placed her fingers against her temple and began to focus on everyone in the building. Everyone was minding their own business when she noticed a couple of people's minds suddenly disappearing.

"Someone like us is here," Lydia announced when she realised she had trouble locking onto a man's mind. "Someone who can teleport."

They all looked out the window and watched as something teleported into the sky. Whoever it was dropped a man and he began to fall towards the ground and landed in front of the group with a loud thud. The group of mutants screamed as they backed away from the glass just as more and more bodies continued to fall from the sky.

Lydia read through another man's mind and saw that Shaw was making his way into the building. "It's Shaw. He's in the building."

"Can you read him? Can you see what he wants?" Raven asked.

Lydia tried to read Shaw's mind but found that she was blocked out by something. She tried different ways to get in but came up blank. "Something's blocking me out."

Several men came up to the glass and began to frantically yell at the mutants. "Get back! Do not leave that room. We're under attack!" Raven instantly grabbed onto Lydia's hand and shoved her behind her in an instant. A man with red skin and a black suit suddenly teleported to the spot where the statue was.

"He's there!" All of the mutants yelled out.

"Shoot! Shoot!" The agents all began to shoot at the man when he teleported again. Lydia was pulled along with Raven as the group ran to hide behind the couch. The red man then suddenly used one of the guards guns to shoot the glass they had only just cleaned up. A large gust of wind then suddenly began to make all of girl's hair fly around, turning their attention to the apposing window where a massive tornado sucked up the transmitter and destroyed it.

Lydia turned back around to the other glass and watched as the red man sliced everyone up with large knives. "Stay here my ass! Let's go!" Darwin said. The group quickly got up and ran through the doors and down the corridor with Darwin leading the way. "We can help! We can help!" Darwin immediately told the guards as they told them to stay away. An explosion came towards them from down the corridor, so they all turned around and ran back into the room with Raven's grip on Lydia's hand never leaving.

The tornado began to make its way towards the group just as the red man was finishing off the last of the guards. Lydia let out a cry as her vision began to blur and he hands began to glow green. Raven looked down at their conjoined hands and then quickly turned around to face Lydia and placed her hands onto her shoulders. "Lydia, calm down for me please," she begged, but was unsuccessful. The room then began to shake and Lydia's body suddenly glowed a bright green as her cries grew louder. Raven bent down and placed her hands onto her cheeks. "Calm down, Lydia. I need you to calm down. Take big deep breaths for me, please."

Lydia tried to but came up unsuccessful. Raven's eyes widened slightly when she noticed Lydia's now bright green eyes, something she had never seen before. Not knowing what to do in that moment, Raven quickly stood back up and pulled Lydia to her chest, brushing through her hair and blocking her from witnessing anything that was happening outside.

"What's wrong with her?" Alex quickly asked, worried for the younger girl as well. "And what's happening?"

"She's terrified," Raven responded as she smoothed down the back of Lydia's head. "Only Charles can calm her down when she's like this."

A man flew into the room through the other glass and landed dead onto the floor. Lydia went to turn her head but Raven blocked her quickly from doing so. Even though Raven herself was terrified at what was happening, she had to push through it, for Lydia and everyone in the room's sake. The man who created the tornado walked into the room through one of the glass windows and the red-skinned man walked through the other.

"You want the mutants? They're right through that door. Just let us normal people go. We're no threat..." a man said through the other side of the door before a loud crack was sounded followed by a thud.

Shaw walked through the door with a helmet on and began to close in on the group, causing Lydia to shake in fright. "Lydia, no!" Raven quickly told the girl, but it was too late. Lydia let out a loud, pained cry and everyone watched as a huge green wave came out of her body and threw the tornado man and the red-skinned man into the wall, whereas Shaw seemed to have absorbed her energy.