𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

19. | chapter nineteen

❝breaking magneto out

breaking magneto out.

↠↠↠

The car ride to the pentagon was uncomfortable to say the least. Since Logan had made it clear that he was driving, Charles shot gunned the front seat, causing Hank, Peter and Lydia to be squashed together in the back seat. Throughout the whole drive to the Pentagon, the silver haired teenager was either asking the group questions about their abilities and such, or saying a pickup line to Lydia, much to Charles' dismay.

As soon as the group of mutants arrived at the Pentagon, the back doors were thrown open and they all came tumbling out. Peter stretched his back and legs, then proceeded to take several laps around the building. He was by Lydia's side within two seconds.

For their plan, Hank was to play tourist, Peter was going to pretend to be an officer and Lydia was going to use her powers to make the men think she wasn't there so that they could obtain Erik. Lydia was told to go with Peter just in case he accidentally messed up, and Logan and Charles would meet them in the kitchen. It was a simple enough plan, one that they would easily be able to do with Peter.

Peter swooped Lydia into his arms, which was completely unnecessary, although Lydia didn't know that, then nodded at the men before speeding off. Peter had warned Lydia to close her eyes prior and to hold her breath, so she did. They waited as the man with Erik's food tray walked into the elevator, and just as the door was about to close, Peter ran into the elevator, knocking the man's hat off while at it. Peter had put Lydia down on the other side of the elevator before standing on the opposite wall.

Lydia had her hands on her knees as the guard saw her in the reflection of the elevator and turned around. She looked up at him. "If I chuck up, can I do it in your hat?"

Peter pulled out the duck tape and strippped the man down in record speed before the man could even reply. He then got himself dressed in the guard's clothes, then taped him up against the wall.

Peter and Lydia stood side by side as they waited for the doors to open. "I always wished I could run incredibly fast," Lydia admitted.

"Super speed is alright, but I constantly need to check the time on my watch to make sure that I'm not accidentally being fast when I don't need to be," he said. "But your powers are incredible. Just saying."

Lydia smiled at him. "Thank you."

"No problem," Peter replied. "You know, the first time that I ever slowed down was to get a second longer look at you."

Lydia chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair. "That's was a good one," she said.

"Eh, what can I say?" Peter smirked at her. "How old are you anyway? It would be incredibly weird if I was flirting with a forty year-old."