𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

04. | chapter four

 | chapter four

cerebro.

↠↠↠

Now accompanied by Erik, the group of six made their way towards the Covert CIA Research base. Erik had been silent the whole ride as Charles mumbled to himself how disappointed he was in himself that he let Lydia join them. The man who could create tornadoes could've easily flipped their ship over, killing many people on board including Lydia. The car suddenly stopped in front of a large facility and the group all hopped out. Jordan stood in front of the group and looked out towards the building, a large smile on his face.

"Welcome to my facility." They all began to walk behind Jordan as he lead them towards the building, Lydia looked around and noticed how clean everything was. "My mission has been to investigate the application of Paranormal powers in military defence."

"Or offence," Erik snarkily commented, looking at Charles.

"This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you want to call him, he's working with the Russians. We might need your help to stop him," Jordan looked at Charles.

"Marvellous," Charles nodded. "So, we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?"

"Something like that."

Jordan showed them all around the facility when he stopped in front of a model plane that was hanging up from the roof.

Lydia tilted her head, having not recognised that type of plane or jet before. "What type of plane is that?" She asked.

"It's a supersonic. The most advanced plane ever built." Lydia then turned around when she felt another presence in the room and saw a man with glasses and a lab coat walking up to them. "You should see it in real life. It's incredible."

"Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about," Jordan gestured to the four mutants. "This is Hank McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers."

Lydia placed her fingers on her temple to search through Hank's mind and then grinned suddenly as Charles walked up to him. "How wonderful. Another mutant already here," Charles shook Hank's hand, then turned to Jordan. "Why didn't you say?"

Jordan frowned. "Say what?"

"That Hank is a mutant," Lydia said.

Charles let out a deep sigh. "Because you didn't know." He turned back towards Hank. "I'm so sorry for saying that."

Hank shook his head with a small sigh. "Hank?" Jordan asked as he walked up to him.

"You didn't ask, so I didn't tell," Hank told him.

"So, your mutation is what? You're super-smart?" Raven asked Hank as she walked up to him, the two locking eyes and holding it as everyone else continued to communicate.