𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.

25. | chapter twenty-five

❝mutants of the future

mutants of the future.

↠↠↠

Lydia kept a close eye on what was happening outside with the Sentinels arriving. Erik lifted up the jet that they arrived on as hundreds of Sentinels began to fly towards the building they were in. Storm concentrated on her lightning abilities and struck down on the jets core, causing it to explode and destroy majority of the Sentinels.

"Is everyone okay?" Storm asked as everyone crowded around together.

They all glanced at Erik who pulled out a shard from his stomach, eyes tearing up when out of nowhere a Sentinel came up from behind Storm and stabbed her.

Lydia let out a gasp as she felt Ororo leave her mind, rendering her dead.

A whole bunch of Sentinels began to fire at Bishop, who consumed their powers. He began to turn red and overdrive, before exploding. Lydia let out another gasp as she felt him disappear from her mind.

"What is it, mum?" Charlie quickly asked.

"Storm, Bishop," Lydia felt her throat begin to tighten, then her face turned to one of determination as she looked at her children. "Avery, Charlie, I love you with everything I have in me. Never forget that."

Avery frowned when she realised what her mother was going to do. "Mum, don't you dare leave us."

"Baby, you know I have to," she said softly.

Charlie quickly shook his head. "No, you don't. Ma, please don't."

"I'm stronger than everyone out there," Lydia told her son, before looking down at Charles. "I have to."

Charles smiled softly up at his younger sister before grabbing onto her hand. "It was a pleasure being your older brother and watching you grow up to be the woman you are today."

Lydia smiled lightly back. "I love you, too, Baldy."

Then Lydia stormed out of the room to help out the other mutants.

↠↠↠

Erik landed in the middle of the stadium with some of the Sentinels following him, with the remainders flying to the tops of the stadium to aim their guns down on the outside world, almost as if they were guarding them.