𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

13. | chapter thirteen

 | chapter thirteen

siblings for life.

↠↠↠

The sound of drills, hammers, and men working were the only things Lydia had heard for a whole few months. After Charles came back from the hospital in a wheelchair, stating that he was to be paralysed for the rest of his life, he wanted to make his life meaningful. Charles wanted to open up a school for mutants in training at their very mansion. Lydia did not complain at all: it was a good way to make new friends and to see new and exciting abilities people had.

After Moira took a walk with Charles, he returned to Lydia with a sad look on his face. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked him. "I know you really liked her."

Charles let out a chuckle. "Was it that obvious?"

"Well, I can tell the difference between a fling and someone you genuinely like," Lydia smiled at him, then looked back up the stairs. "How many kids do you think we'll get?"

"We'll?" Charles let out a laugh. "I will be the Professor of the school and you will be a student."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Not for long. I am eleven now, I will be able to when I turn 18."

"I just can't believe I'm a professor now," he smiled. "Soon before you know it, I'll be going bald." They both laughed.

Lydia looked at him. "We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

Charles smiled at her. "No, we wouldn't."