𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

24. | chapter twenty-four

❝hello washington and the end of the world

hello washington and the end of the world.

↠↠↠

"Honestly, I've had enough of travelling around now," Lydia sat in the same seat she had previously sat on in the plane, but this time they were on the way to Washington DC.

"You stay at the mansion for majority of the time that I've known you," Logan said before glancing at Charles who was massaging his leg. "You alright?"

"Getting there," Charles sighed.

"You're in pain again, aren't you?" Lydia asked him. Charles nodded so she walked over to him and held her hands above his head so that she could make his brain think that his lower back and legs were pain free.

"Thank you," Charles mumbled as Lydia sat back down in her seat.

"No problems," she smiled at him.

Logan sighed. "Whatever happens today, I need you to promise me something," he began. "You looked into my mind and you've seen a lot of bad, but you've seen the good too. The X-Men."

Lydia smirked as she glanced at Charles. "Throwback much."

"What do you mean?" Logan asked.

"Well, on our first ever mission to save the world, a group of us mutants came up with a name for ourselves," Lydia said. "There was me, Alex Summers, Raven, Sean Cassidy and Hank. There were a few others but one switched teams and another died."

"Must be where you came up with the name," Logan said before looking at Charles. "Promise me you'll find us," Logan leant forward so his elbows were resting on his knees. "Use your power, bring us together. Guide us, lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean, and Avery. Remember those names. There's so many of us. We will need you, Professor."

Charles nodded, a small smile on his face. "I'll do my best."

"Your best is enough," Logan said. "Trust me."

"Wait wait wait, Scott Summers? Alex's baby brother?" Lydia asked Logan who nodded. "Another mutant Summer's." She shook her head with a smile. "One was enough to handle."

"I agree with Lydia on that," Hank called from the front seat.

Lydia smiled as she looked towards the front. "Bozo," she mimicked, causing Hank to laugh.

"You all might want to take a nap while you still can. You're going to need it for tomorrow," Hank called from the front.

"You don't need to tell me twice." Lydia got a blanket from her bag and placed it over her. She was almost out like a light.