𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

09. | chapter nine

❝training for the big leagues

training for the big leagues.

↠↠↠

Once everyone arrived at the Xavier mansion, the whole group (minus the three people who resided there) stared up at it in awe.

"Well, mi casa es tu casa," Lydia said, gesturing towards the building.

"So, this is yours?" Sean asked.

"No, it's ours," Charles corrected him.

"Honestly, Charles, I don't know how you survived, living in such hardship," Erik sarcastically said.

"Well, it was a hardship softened by Lydia and myself," Raven said as she walked up and stood besides Charles. Charles kissed the side of her head and then kissed the top of Lydia's head. "Come on. Time for the tour."

After touring around the mansion which ended out being forty minutes, Charles spent some time alone with Erik, Alex, Sean and Hank to teach them how to control their abilities. Hank joined up with Lydia as he began to make some gliders for Sean so that he would be able to fly using his scream.

Charles and Hank placed bands around Sean's wrists. "And you're sure that this will work?" He wearily asked.

"Anything is possible," Hank started. "I based this design..."

"Hank, stop talking," Charles immediately said. "Come on." Charles led them towards one of the windows on the third floor and opened it up. Sean sat on the ledge with Charles, Hank and Lydia beside him. Alex, Erik and Raven decided to watch from the window beside them.

"Just remember to scream, like how you did it back at the CIA base," Lydia told him.

"You need the sound waves to be supersonic," Hank continued. "Catch them at the right angle and they should carry you."

"They should carry me," Sean mimicked. "That's reassuring."

"Don't worry, you can't possibly die," Lydia patted Sean's back. "But you can break some bones from this height, and—" Charles placed his hand over her mouth.

"Good luck!" Charles patted Sean's back and they all stood back inside. "And don't forget to scream."

Sean did the cross symbol against his body before leaping out. He didn't use his supersonic scream and just screamed normally, causing him to land into the bush bellow.

"Wasn't that motivational," Lydia chuckled lightly.

This time, they decided to test his ability whilst standing on top of the satellite, meaning he had to use his supersonic scream or else he would land on the ground like a bug on a windscreen.

"And you truly believe I'll fly this time?" Sean asked.

"Unreservedly," Charles told him.

Lydia shrugged. "Maybe."