𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

37. | chapter thirty-seven

 | chapter thirty-seven

the boss battle.

↠↠↠

Lydia breathed out a sigh of relief as she sat up and placed her hand against her heart to try and steady her breathing. She then looked around the room and saw Charles lying down and decided to crawl over towards him.

"Is he okay?" Scott asked, referring to Kurt who had collapsed as soon as they teleported.

"It's his energy. He's drained," Jean replied.

Charles began to move. "Get out," he mumbled. "Get out!" He said louder, still uncouncous. Lydia grabbed onto his shoulders and shoved them. "Get out!"

"Charles. Charlie, you're okay. It's just us," Lydia calmed him as she patted his now bald head.

Charles opened his eyes and looked up at Lydia. "Lydia..." he breathed out.

"Hey, Charlie," she smiled at him. "Remember when we talked about you becoming bald now that you're a Professor?"

Charles' hands instantly reached up to grab his hair, his eyes widening when he realised he had none. "No!"

"Yep. You're bald now," Lydia laughed.

"Not my beautiful hair!" He yelped.

"Now I can buy you a shiner to keep your head nice and shiny," Lydia smiled.

"Charles...." Apocalypse's voice drawled out in Charles' head, but Lydia still heard it. "I know you can hear me. We're still connected." Lydia glanced at Charles. "Charles!" He suddenly yelled. "Show yourself! Charles! Show yourself!"

Apocalypse seemed to stop and Lydia knew why. Peter Maximoff was outside, throwing Apocalypse around like it was no ones business. When Apocalypse seemed to make sense of what was going on, he halted Peter in his steps by wrapping his left leg in stiff sand.

"Peter!" Lydia leapt up onto her feet and ran down the stairs.

"Lydia!" Charles called out but she quickly shut him out.

As Lydia ran out of the door, she was too late as Apocalypse kicked Peter's leg, breaking it in an instant. Peter let out a scream of agony. Lydia felt Peter's pain in her own leg and crouched down as she let out a whimper. Apocalypse grabbed Peter by his hair and held him up. Betsy, or Raven, grabbed her sword out and proceeded towards Apocalypse. "End him," Apocalypse told her.

"Not on my watch!" Lydia ran towards Apocalypse as he turned to her. He went to swing at her but she quickly ducked, then quickly pressed her hand against his chest and watched as he flew into the building behind him.

Lydia grabbed Peter's face in her hands. "What the fuck were you thinking?" She asked as she looked down at his leg.

"I wanted to be the good guy for once," Peter mumbled sheepishly as he tried to turn away.