𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

38. | chapter thirty-eight

 | chapter thirty-eight

mending bones.

↠↠↠

Moira, being trusted from her status as a CIA Special Agent, told the investigative committee that Erik aided in defeating the powerful mutant Apocalypse. Majority of the people thought that it was Erik that was leading the attack, considering all of earths metal components just suddenly began to fly into the air, which was true in a sense. Erik was entirely grateful to Moira for doing that.

Erik, Jean and Lydia used their telekinetic/metal manipulation abilities to build the school back up within a few minutes. Erik and Lydia were floating above the students standing below them, and they shared smiles as they worked. After the school was finished being built, Lydia floated back down towards the ground and looked at Peter who was currently looking down at Avery who was sitting on the ground and decorating his cast with all different bright colours and pictures.

"What are you two cuties up to?" Lydia asked them, a soft smile on her lips as she looked at the two of them.

"Peter's letting me decorate his cast, and he said that I can draw whatever I want!" Avery exclaimed as she looked up at her mother. "I've drawn some flowers, a dinosaur, pizza, butterflies, a rainbow, even dogs and cats!"

Lydia laughed lightly as she stood to the side of Peter, who was smiling at the two of them. "She's a pretty good drawer, wonder where she got her talents from."

Peter wrapped an arm around Lydia who smiled at him. "Well we both know that I'm pretty talented. I've got a whole bag of tricks up my sleeve."

"I wonder what other secret talents you posses," Peter winked.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The two shared a short sweet kiss, then Lydia placed her head onto his shoulder.

Ororo walked up to them. "Mystique told me he is your father," she said, looking at Erik.

"She's always had a big mouth," Lydia mumbled.

"Are you gonna tell him?" Ororo asked.

"I might....one day," Peter talked as Erik conversed with Charles. "I think for now, I'm just gonna stick around here for a while."

"Me, too," Ororo said.

"Oh thank heavens. I need more female friends," Lydia smiled at Ororo. "Even though you're a teenager and I'm thirty."

Ororo smiled back at Lydia. "I would be glad to be your friend.

↠↠↠

The past few days had been hard. Trying to keep Peter moving at a slower pace was tough, but trying to make him stop moving altogether was almost impossible. He normally refused to sit still for more than 3 seconds, other than if it was bed time. After what happened with Apocalypse, his super fast healing wasn't going to cut it. He still needed at least a week for his left leg to fully recover. Peter still needed to rest and keep off of that leg, but that's where Lydia came in, trying to ease his boredom as best as she could.

Lydia walked into his shared dorm room with Scott at the school. She knocked a couple of times before walking in after no one answered. Lydia looked up to see Peter lying on his bed with his headphones on, blasting music with his broken leg propped up on some pillows, exactly where she left him last.

"Peter!" Lydia said loudly, but no response from him. She would've gone into his head but she honestly couldn't be bothered.

Lydia decided to sit on Scott's bed and pulled out her documents on the children and how much control each of them had.

Slight movement out of the corner of Lydia's eye alerted her attention, and she saw that Peter wasn't listening to his music anymore, but was watching Lydia. Slowly, he moved himself so he was lying on his side, his head propped up by his arm.

"Hello, beautiful," Peter winked at her.

His hands moved to the bottom of his shirt, hooking them under it and yanking his shirt over his head, making his pale chest now visible to Lydia's viewing. She briefly glanced down at his abs, before meeting his gaze again. Peter must have noticed as his smirk grew and he began to tighten his abs, making it obvious that he was flexing.

Rolling her eyes, Lydia set the documents on Scott's bed and began to make her way over to Peter. Peter's eyes widen as he watched her, the once playful smirk transforming into a mischievous one. He wiggled his eyebrows, hands teasily moving down to his belt buckle. "Draw me like one of your French girls, Lydia."

Lydia reached her hand out towards him and then dug it into his side, causing a not-so-manly shriek of surprise to come out of Peter. "Please stop taking your clothes off. I still have virgin-ish eyes. Also, you were totally flexing."

Peter gasped with fake disgust, "I would never deceive you like that. This is all nat-ur-al." He drew out the last word as he sat up on the bed and resumed his previous position, with his leg up on the pillows. "And your 'virgin-ish eyes'?"

"Well, I can see into anyone's head. I have seen people think about or have sex," Lydia shivered at the thought.

"Like this?" Peter began to think about him doing things that normal guys do, so Lydia instantly blocked him out.

"Fuck off," she smirked.

"You know you want it," he wriggled his eyebrows.

"No, I just want to cuddle," Lydia said before crawling over to him and laying down next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "This is nice."

Peter hummed in approval as he rolled over to wrap his arms around her as he attempted to place a pillow between his legs to elevate the cast. With a groan, Peter sat up and placed the pillow in its desired destination. Lydia chuckled and wrapped her arms lazily around his waist, paying attention to where she was laying her head and not to where her hands actually ended up, which went a little lower than expected.

The momentum on Lydia's arms coming down after being wrapped around Peter's waist created a loud slap noise, causing another not-so-manly shriek to escape his mouth. He looked down at Lydia with a shocked expression plastered on his face and she looked down to see what she smacked.

Lydia smirked as she looked up at Peter. "I totally meant to do that."

Another smirk crept onto Peter's face, "I know you did, but I just didn't expect you to be into the kinky stuff, Lyds."

Lydia smiled sweetly up at him. "But you butt is so squishy. I totally meant to slap it."

Lydia buried her face in the crook of Peter's neck. Quiet chuckles were heard from him as he wrapped his arms around her once again. "I'll let you do it again, I kinda liked it. Just promise to give me some time before you introduce the handcuffs. Maybe I'll like this whole BDSM thing."

Lydia frowned. "Strangely, this is reminding me of your twenty first birthday."

Peter shivered. "Please don't remind me of that horrid event."

Lydia shrugged, an innocent smile on her face. "I told Charles and Hank about it."

"Lydia!" Peter whined, closing his eyes with his hand on his head. "That's your brother your told it to."

"I know, and it's gonna be hard for you to come back from that," Lydia chuckled as she moved his hand away from his head and wrapped it around herself again, resting her head upon his shoulder.