Chapter 33 "Idiotic Move"

Shaylynn looks at Severide, "Does Chicago have enough ambulances for this?" she asks.
"I don't think so! Unfortunately by the looks of this, hearses will have to be called in to at least transport the dead" he tells her, "I'm going to see what I can do to help!"
"Alright! Please be careful!" Shaylynn tells Severide giving him a kiss.
Severide runs off toward the rail cars to look for survivors.
Shaylynn pulls out her phone.
"Director Voight"
"Sam, you and your agents better get to the Clark/Lake rail station, or what's left of it. The railway and station were blown up. There's no way this is the hate groups on their own, they had to have help. To take out this much is way to sophisticated, Hicks has to behind this!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I'm on my way!" Sam says, hanging up.
Shaylynn can hear a lot of sirens heading her way. Tires screech behind her, she turns around and sees the Intelligence Unit.
"Shaylynn! Are you alright?" Hank asks her as he walks up to her.
"I'm fine! I wasn't here. Kelly and I were almost to West Wacker Drive when this happened" she tells Hank.
Alvin walks up on the other side of her, "It's a good thing you weren't here, kiddo!"
The rest of the Intelligence Unit walks up.
Shaylynn keeps looking up and around, "What are you looking at?" Hank asks her.
"I don't like this! With having all these high rises around us, I'm getting a bad feeling!" she tells him.
"This is Chicago, not the Middle East!" Ruzek reminds her.
"I've learned to trust her feelings!" Hank says to Ruzek.
Shots ring out, forcing everyone to take cover.
Rixton grabs Shaylynn, pushing her around a corner of a building.
"Shaylynn, any idea where the shots came from?" Hank yells at her.
"200 North LaSalle" Shaylynn yells at him.
"Main, shots fired! Let all responding units know to proceed with caution!" Hank radios in.
Shaylynn looks around, "What are you looking for?" Rixton asks her.
"I'm looking for Kelly!" she turns around, "Why are you touching me?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I pushed you behind this building!" Rixton tells her.
"Then why are you still touching my ass?!" Shaylynn asks again.
Rixton hurries and removes his hand, "Sorry! I didn't realize!" he says.
Shaylynn glares at him.
"Hank! Did you bring any long guns with you?" Shaylynn shouts at him.
"You don't have your sniper rifle with you?" he yells.
"I was out making wedding arrangements, why would I have it with me? All I have is my Sig!" she shouts.
"Where are your guys?" Hank yells back.
"I don't know! I'm not their mother!" she shouts, she turns around to Rixton, "Give me your phone."
Rixton hands his phone to her, she dials a number.
"Who is this and how did you get this number?" Butch growls into the phone.
"Butch, it's me! I'm at the Clark/Lake station. It's been blown up along with the railway. Now shots are being fired. I need assistance!" Shaylynn tells him.
"On our way!" Butch tells her hanging up.
Shaylynn hands Rixton his phone back.
Five cars pull up, Sam and her agents get out. Shots are fired at them.
Hank and Shaylynn both look at each other, come out from behind the corners of the buildings they're behind, and start shooting to cover Sam and the agents so they can take cover.
Rixton's phone rings, he answers it, then sticks it out to Shaylynn.
She takes his phone, "Hello"
"We're almost there! Where should we concentrate on?" Butch asks her.
"200 North LaSalle" she tells him, "Shots are being fired from a distance, so head for the roof!"
"On it!" Butch tells her hanging up.
More shots are being fired, but they're coming from somewhere else. Screaming is heard.
The shots are coming from inside the railcars.

Inside a railcar......
"Come on buddy! Haven't these people suffered enough?" Severide asks the gunman who's pointing his gun at him and a child.
"These people mean nothing to me!" the gunman tells Severide getting ready to pull the trigger.
Severide hurries and covers the child, a shot rings out.
A thud is heard, Severide rolls off the child and sees the gunman is down and that Butch is standing there.
Butch sticks out his hand to help Severide up.
"Get her out of here! Cover her head up with this!" Butch tells Severide handing him a blanket he found, "She's seen enough and doesn't need to see anymore!"
Severide picks up the girl and puts the blanket over her head.
"Thanks, Butch!" Severide tells him.
"Yeah! Yeah! Get out of here! I'm sure Shaylynn's worried!" Butch tells him.
Severide hurries out of the railcar as fast as he can, while Butch heads back out the way he came.
Coming out of the railcar, Shaylynn sees Severide and that he's carrying what looks like a child. She runs out to cover him, while Rixton runs out with her.
They get Severide and the child under a part of the railway that didn't collapse so the child can get to an ambulance.
"Are you okay?" Shaylynn asks Severide.
"I'm fine, thanks to Butch!" he tells her.
"I need to get back out there! Sure you're okay?" Shaylynn asks again.
"Yeah, yeah!" he says.
"Alright!" Shaylynn says heading back out with Rixton behind her.
As they're heading back, Shaylynn hears something from behind her.
"Kelly, I'm so happy to see you're alright!"
Shaylynn turns around to see Kidd hugging on Severide. Then the unthinkable happens, Kidd kisses Severide. She can feel her blood pressure start to rise and starts walking back over.
More shots ring out.....
The hot feeling starts turning to cold. Shaylynn notices that breathing is starting become harder with every step she takes. She can't walk anymore and falls to the street.
"SHAYLYNNS BEEN HIT! SHAYLYNNS BEEN HIT!" Rixton radios out as he runs out to grab Shaylynn with Sam following him for cover.
Severide looks over and gets ready to run out, "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" Rixton yells at him as he picks Shaylynn up and takes her behind a building.

On the roof of the building.....
Rob, Dan, and Dave find the gunman who's shooting down to the street.
The man turns around, "You've got to be kidding!" Dave shouts out.
"Don't lose your focus because of who it is!" Rob reminds Dave.
The man throws a smoke grenade at Rob, Dan, and Dave.
They start coughing, the man starts running to the door for the stairs.
Rob, Dan, and Dave hurry to move out of the smoke.
In just a few seconds they see the guy running for the door to the stairs, the door opening, Butch walking out the door, then the man being clotheslined by Butch.
Butch bends down, grabs the man's shirt, and pulls him up, "That was an idiotic move, shooting Shaylynn! Now you're going to pay!" Butch tells the guy with a very pissed off look.