Chapter 44 "Where You Going"

Around five thirty, Sam shows up at Med with Stone and a bag in hand for Severide.
Severide changes clothes, then he and Stone go down to the cafeteria while Sam stays with Shaylynn.
Sam gives Shaylynn a huge hug, "How you really doing?" she asks Shaylynn.
"I'm doing okay" Shaylynn tells her, but Sam can tell she's holding something back.
"Are you going to tell me how you're really doing or do I have to force it out of you?!" Sam tells her sister.
Shaylynn looks at Sam with a blank stare, "Austin raped me!" she says.
Sam looks at her with a shocked look, "Shaylynn, I'm so sorry!" Sam says hugging her sister again, "You know for sure it was just Austin?" she asks.
"Oh I'm sure! As bad as Hicks is, I don't believe he would do something like this. Plus how Austin is, he would've kept Hicks away from me" Shaylynn tells Sam.
"Did you take a test?" Sam asks gingerly.
"Yes. Connor drew some blood and did a hush, hush test. It came back negative" Shaylynn tells her.
"Does Dad know?" Sam asks.
"I'm sure Kelly told him. He hasn't been by, he probably has everyone looking for Austin" Shaylynn says, "I also had a job offered to me."
Sam looks at Shaylynn confused, "To work in the hospital?"
Shaylynn smiles at her sister and laughs, "No, silly! Adam Quinn, Acting Director for the ATF stopped by and offered me a job."
Sam looks confused, "How did he know you were here?"
"General Biggs" Shaylynn tells her, "He's been trying to get me out of what I've been doing for a while!"
"Have you said anything to Kelly about the job offer?" Sam asks.
"Not yet! I thought I would wait till we were home before I said anything" Shaylynn tells Sam.
"Did this guy say what you would be doing?" Sam asks her.
"No, he did not" Shaylynn says as the door to her room opens with Severide and Stone walking in.
"Are you ready to go and get Aimee-Leigh?" Stone asks Sam.
"Yes" Sam says as she stands up and gives Shaylynn a hug.
"When are you getting out of here?" she asks Shaylynn.
"I was told tomorrow" Shaylynn says.
"Okay. If you get out before I arrive, text me!" Sam tells her.
"Will do!" Shaylynn says.
Sam walks over to the door, Stone opens it for her, "Bye, Shaylynn!" Sam says and walks out.
"Bye, Shaylynn!" Stone says and follows Sam.
Shaylynn looks at Severide, "Did you get something to eat?" she asks him.
Severide smiles at her, "Yes, I ate" he tells her when her door opens to reveal the other Squad guys.
Shaylynn smiles when she sees them, "It's nice to see you guys!" she says to them as they walk in.
Each of the guys walk up and hug her.
"How you doing?" Tony asks her.
"I'm doing good, thanks!" Shaylynn tells him.
"You had us worried!" Capp tells her looking over at Severide.
"Thank you for helping to get me out of that place!" she tells Capp.
Capp blushes.
Cruz looks at her, "I don't know if this is the right place, but I need to ask you a question" he says to her.
"It's fine. Go ahead and ask" Shaylynn tells Cruz.
"You paid for Leon's schooling, why?" Cruz asks.
"Kelly told me what you and Leon went through to get him out of a gang. That's a HUGE accomplishment! Usually there is only one way to leave a gang and that's to die. What happened to you in that bar incident was bullshit! That guy should've been charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication. Nothing should have happened to you, the 60 day suspension was bullshit handed down by men who have lost touch with the job and want to make a name for themselves! Leon shouldn't had to suffer because of a drunk asshole!" Shaylynn tells Cruz.
Cruz smiles at her, "I haven't told you yet, but thank you for doing that!"
"Joe, you don't have to thank me! Leon getting his education is thank you enough!" Shaylynn tells him.
A call comes over the guys radios, "We have to go!" Capp says.
"See you later, Shaylynn, Lieutenant!" they all say walking out the door.

The next day Shaylynn's discharged.
Severide helps her into the car, then shuts the door. He walks over to the driver's side and gets in.
"Can I have your phone?" she asks Severide.
He pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to her, she starts texting someone.
"Who are you texting?" he asks her.
"Sam. She asked me to text her if I was leaving before she made it here" Shaylynn tells him.
Severide smiles.
Pulling out of the parking lot, Shaylynn notices Severide is heading in the wrong direction.
"Where you going?" she asks him.
"We're getting married!" Severide says, "With what happened, I don't want to wait any longer! Unless you don't want to?" he questions her.
"What about the wedding?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I don't need all of that! But if you want to wait I'll understand" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks over at him, "No, I don't want to wait! I don't need a huge wedding, I just thought you might like to have one" she tells him.
Severide grabs her hand, "As long as you're there, that's all I need!"

Seventeen minutes later, Severide is pulling up in front of the Adler Planetarium.
Shaylynn starts crying at the sight in front of her.
Severide opens the door and helps her out of the car.
He leads her over to the lake.
Waiting for them is all of 51 along with their familes, the Intelligence Unit, Benny, Butch, Rob, Dan, and Dave along with Sam, Stone, and Aimee-Leigh.
Judge Deaver, who married Casey and Dawson, is also there to marry them.
"When did you put this together?" Shaylynn asks Severide.
"The times I was down in the cafeteria eating" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks over at Severide and smiles, "This is perfect!"
Judge Deaver starts the ceremony.
Severide and Shaylynn say their vows to each other.
He pulls her ring out of his pocket and puts it back on her finger. Shaylynn wipes tears from her eyes.
"I thought this was gone for good!" she says to Severide with a big smile on her face relieved to see her ring again.
Judge Deaver then pronounces them husband and wife.
They kiss to a roar of applause.