Chapter 37 "Morning, Beautiful"

Five months have passed.....

Shaylynn made a full recovery.
Wedding planning was set into warp speed, seeing that Severide had moved the date up and seven months was lost.
The hate groups have been quiet. This has everyone on edge wondering what they are planning and where they plan on hitting next.

Shaylynn wakes up, stretches her arm out, and realizes Severide isn't in bed. Then she remembers he's staying with Casey and Dawson since they're getting married today.
She smiles, sits up on the side of the bed, and looks across the room at her wedding dress.
Standing up, she walks to the bathroom while taking off her silk nightshirt to get a shower.
After she's done, she dries off, walks to her closet to get some clothes. Once dressed, she picks up her phone. It vibrates in her hand.
Shaylynn unlocks it and sees there's a text from Severide.

Kelly: Morning, Beautiful! Time is moving so slow until I can see you at the end of the aisle. I'll be the one standing by Chaplain Orlovsky with tears in his eyes, wondering how someone so beautiful could have chosen him. Tonight I happily give you my last name and my heart forever!

Shaylynn wipes tears from her eyes.

The day goes by slowly.
Finally the makeup artists and hair stylists start showing up at Shaylynn's.
They set up where ever they can find space to spread out their stuff.
One by one, the ladies in Shaylynn's wedding party start showing up.
The makeup artists get to work on Dawson and Sam, while the hair stylists work on Brett and Chrysti, a friend of Shaylynn's from the company they work for.
Shaylynn is sitting on the couch talking to Cindy, "So you have two flowergirls, three Bridesmaids, and a Matron of Honor?" Cindy questions.
"Two flowergirls, four Bridesmaids, and two Matron of Honors" Shaylynn says, "Sam and Gabby are both my Matron of Honors."
The hair stylist doing Chrysti's hair finishes, "Annabelle, it's your turn!" Shaylynn tells her smiling.
Annabelle smiles and looks at Cindy, "Go ahead!" Cindy tells her.
Annabelle quickly walks over and sits in the chair. The stylist starts putting her hair up. Once up, she starts adding rosebuds and baby's breath to her hair.
Shaylynn's phone goes off. She looks down and sees it's a text from Julie, the wedding planner.

Julie: I wanted to send you a few pictures of the ceremony site and reception before people start arriving.

Julie:

Julie:

Cindy can see the pictures, "Shaylynn, that's beautiful! Now I see why you and Kelly decided to wait until it was dark to get married

Cindy can see the pictures, "Shaylynn, that's beautiful! Now I see why you and Kelly decided to wait until it was dark to get married."
Shaylynn smiles at her, "Thanks! And the best part, there's a full moon tonight" Cindy sees a tear making its way down Shaylynns cheek, "It's funny how this date was available with a full moon happening tonight. I like to think it's Shay, Marshall, Anna, and Duncan's way of giving Kelly and I their blessings."
Cindy wipes her eyes.
Annabelle is done and walks over to her mom, "Mommy, are you alright?"
Cindy looks at her, "Yes, honey I'm fine."
All the stylists are done with Brett, Dawson, and Sam.
"Shaylynn, it's your turn!" Sam says to her sister with a smile.
Shaylynn stands up and sticks her hand out to Cindy, "It's our turn!"
Cindy smiles at Shaylynn, puts her hand into hers. Shaylynn helps her stand up.
They walk over to the stylists chairs and sit down. The other ladies go off and get their dresses on.
Five minutes later, Sam walks back into the room, "Where's Erin and Trudy?" she asks Shaylynn.
"They're with the guys to keep them on track! Once all the guys are done, their limo will take them to the Planetarium. Trudy will call and let us know they're gone so when we're all done, our limo will stop and pick them up on our way" Shaylynn tells Sam, "I had stylists go there for them."
"How is this going to work out with Aimee-Leigh?" Sam asks Shaylynn.
"There's a wagon with a special seat in it she'll ride in, with Annabelle pulling the wagon" Shaylynn says, "After she's been pulled down the aisle, Olive will keep an eye on her until Dad is able to sit down. Then he'll take her out of the wagon."
All the women finish getting ready, while Sam helps Shaylynn get into her dress.
As on cue after Shaylynn's done, Trudy calls to let the ladies know the guys have left.
The ladies head out to the limo. Shaylynn gets in first with the other ladies helping make sure her dress is completely in. One by one the other ladies get in.
The limo pulls up and picks up Trudy and Erin. After they're in, the limo takes off for the Planetarium.

At the Planetarium, the ladies are lead inside by Julie and met by all the guys, except Severide who's outside waiting for the ceremony to begin.
Sam walks up to Stone, who's holding Aimee-Leigh. She kisses Stone, then Aimee-Leigh. Sam takes her from Stone and puts Aimee-Leigh into the seat inside the wagon.
"Alright everyone, let's line up please!" Julie yells out.

Outside, Severide is standing by Chaplain Orlovsky, "Kelly, are you okay?" he asks seeing that Severide's nervous.
"Yes, I'm fine" Severide says.
Chaplain Orlovsky laughs at Severide and puts his hand on his shoulder, "Don't forget to breathe when you see her!"
The music starts up, the guys are escorting the ladies down the aisle.
The first couple to walk down is Brett and Tony.
Next is Trudy and Mouch, Chrysti and Herrmann, Lindsay and Boden, Dawson and Stone, then Sam and Casey.
Annabelle starts walking out pulling Aimee-Leigh in the wagon. On the front of the wagon is a sign that reads....

Severide smiles at the sign, looks up and sees Shaylynn standing up by the Planetarium with Hank

The music changes, Hank and Shaylynn start walking toward Severide.
Casey looks over at Severide and puts his hand on his shoulder "Breathe, Buddy!" he says.
Severide turns his head to look at Casey and smiles. It's the same thing Casey told Severide after he asked Shaylynn to the Fire Commissioners Ball.
Severide looks back and watches Shaylynn walk down the aisle, up to him.
Chaplain Orlovsky goes through the part about who gives the bride away. Hank tells Chaplain Orlovsky that he does and puts Shaylynn's hand into Severide's. Hank then sits down.
Shaylynn hands off her bouquet to Sam, turns and faces Severide, putting her other hand into his.
"Before I go any further into the ceremony, I was informed that there's a special wedding gift here for Shaylynn from General Biggs" Chaplain Orlovsky says.
Severide looks at Shaylynn, who then looks at Chaplain Orlovsky.
Chaplain Orlovsky points past her and Severide and up the aisle.
She turns and looks.
Shaylynn takes her hands out of Severide's, covers her mouth, and starts crying.