Chapter 12 "Detonate"

Shaylynn returns home.
After deactivating the security system, she takes her keys out of her purse so she can unlock the door.
She opens it, puts her purse and phone down on a table that's right by the door.
Looking up into a mirror above the table she sees a dark figure sitting in a chair.
Shaylynn takes her gun out of her purse and quickly turns around, flipping up a light switch on the wall as she does.
Looking back at her is Duncan, "What the hell are you doing?" she asks him.
"Waiting on you" he tells her.
"In the dark?" she asks.
"Why did you have to go to New York?" Duncan asks her.
"I told you this already! I had meetings I needed to be at. The company I work for, their headquarters is in New York. Why are you asking?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Sam and I went to another bombing, 51 was there. I was told Severide was in New York" Duncan tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Duncan, "Good for him! Oh wait! You think because I was in New York and you were told Kelly was in New York, that we were together. I don't know why he's there, but I was lucky to have enough time to eat and sleep. If I wasn't at the hotel getting something to eat or sleeping, I was in meetings."
Butch walks in carrying Shaylynn's bags, he looks over at Duncan, "Here already for a booty call?" Butch asks him.
Shaylynn hits Butch on the arm, "Duncan's here because he thinks I was in New York with Kelly because it seems that's where Kelly is" she tells Butch.
"She was with me and the other three the entire time!" Butch tells Duncan, "Not once did we see Severide."
Duncan gets a relieved look on his face.
Butch walks a little closer to Shaylynn, "I'll talk to you tomorrow about the other stuff."
Shaylynn nods to him.
Butch walks out the door, Shaylynn closing it behind him.
"Duncan, you really have to stop this! I haven't seen Kelly in over 2 weeks!" she says as she walks to the kitchen.
Taking a bottle of water out of the refrigerator, Shaylynn turns around to see Duncan has taken off his shirt.
"If you think we're going to have sex after you accused me of being in New York with Kelly, you have another thing coming!" Shaylynn tells Duncan as she passes by him opening her water bottle.
Duncan grabs her, swinging her around to face him. As Shaylynn turns to face him, water comes flying out of her bottle all over Duncan's chest.
He looks down at his chest, then back up at Shaylynn and smiles. Grabbing onto her waist, he pulls her closer to him.
"If you weren't in New York with Severide, prove it" Duncan tells her, smiling, as he starts backing her out of the kitchen toward the living room sectional.
Shaylynn smiles at him, puts her arms around his neck, and starts kissing him.
Duncan lifts her up, Shaylynn wraps her legs around him, he carries her over to the couch, where they have sex for hours.

The next morning, Shaylynn wakes up still on the sectional with Duncan. They have nothing on them except a blanket.
She reaches for the remote and turns on the TV. The news comes on, she rolls her eyes, and turns the channel. Every channel she turns to is the same news broadcast.
The newscaster reports that there's a guy under the subway station at the corner of East Lake Street and North State Street holding a detonator. That he has four box trucks full of explosives that have been wired to go off if anyone messes with them, at the corners of West Wacker Drive/North Clark Street, North Clark Street/West Randolph Street, East Randolph Street/North Michigan Avenue, and North Michigan Avenue/West Wacker Drive. He also has a box truck where he is full of explosives and if this guy detonates these box trucks, everything within the box he's created with these trucks, will be destroyed.
Something catches her eye, the news helicopter shows a lot of FBI agents, a lot of Fire trucks, and the big black truck.
"FUCK!" Shaylynn shouts out scaring Duncan making him fall off the sectional.
"What the hell?" he says to her.
Getting up off the sectional, Shaylynn wraps the blanket around herself, "WE have to get there!" she tells him pointing at the TV.
Duncan looks at the TV, he quickly stands up, picks up his pants, and reaches into a pocket. He pulls out his phone and sees he has 20 missed calls.
"SHIT! My head is going to roll!" he tells Shaylynn as he gets dressed.
She starts to quickly walk up the stairs, "You aren't going to check your phone?" Duncan asks her.
Shaylynn shakes her head 'no', "Between the four of them, I'm sure I have 50 missed calls, maybe more!" she tells him continuing up the stairs.
Coming down dressed, Shaylynn walks over to the table and picks up her car keys, "What are you doing?" Duncan asks her.
"We'll take my car! We'll get there faster!" she tells him smiling.
"You got a new car already?" Duncan asks her.
"Oh yeah!" Shaylynn tells him with a sly grin.
Duncan follows her out to the garage, he can't believe what he sees.

"That's a 2018 Ferrari 812 Superfast?!" he states.
"Yep!" she says opening the door.
"Fire Engine red again?" Duncan questions her choice of colors.
Shaylynn gives him a dirty look, "It's because of Marshall! If you have a problem with that, then drive yourself!"
Duncan drops the subject and gets into the car.

The FBI, CPD, SWAT and CFD have set up a command center back by Marina City.
"The bomb squads can't get into the trucks! What ever that guy has on the outside, if it's messed with, it will trigger the bomb inside" the Bomb Squad Commander tells the Commander of the FBI.
The FBI Commander looks at the SWAT Commander, "What about any of your people? Can't they take him out?"
"Not with him being under the station. They would have to at least be back as far as we are, but we don't have anything that can shoot that far!" the SWAT Commander tells him.
The FBI Commander looks around at everyone, "So, does ANYONE have any ideas?"
Butch hears something, he gets a huge grin on his face.
Hank and Sam both look at him, "What are you smiling at?" Sam asks Butch.
"Shaylynn's coming!" he tells them as he turns around.
Everyone sees a Ferrari come to a screeching halt, "She has a Ferrari now?" Hank asks looking at Sam.
Sam shrugs her shoulders.
Shaylynn and Duncan get out of the car.
Butch starts walking back to Shaylynn, as Duncan walks up to everyone else.
"It's so nice you could join us, Duncan!" the FBI Commander tells him with a dirty expression.

Butch walks up to Shaylynn, "It's about time you made it!" he says to her.
"Don't start! I'm here now! What do you need for me to do?" she asks him.
"Get your sniper rifle, a earpiece, and go up there" Butch points up to where there are cars parked, "And find a spot that's good for you to take that son of a bitch out! Once the Bomb Squad has the detonator he's holding, they have a better chance of getting into those trucks!"
"Alright!" Shaylynn tells Butch.
She starts walking over to the big black truck.

The ones at the command center watch as Shaylynn comes out of the truck with a rifle. She hands something to Butch, then walks over to the building, opens a door, and disappears.
Butch starts walking back over to everyone, while putting a earpiece in his ear.
"What is SHE going to do?" the FBI Commander asks Butch as he walks up to everyone.
"SHE is going to take the guy out!" Butch tells him, "If anyone wants to listen, our frequency is on 66."

Shaylynn reaches the fifteenth floor of the parking garage.
She walks over to the South side and finds the perfect spot. Setting her rifle on top of a car, she puts her hair back into a ponytail.
She picks her rifle back up, looks through the scope to dial it in, getting shocked by what she sees.
"This isn't a guy! It's a child! I'd say around fourteen years old!" Shaylynn radios out.
"Shaylynn, take him out!" Butch radios back to her.
"It's a child! He looks frightened!" she radios back.
"SHAYLYNN!" Butch yells.
"Are SWAT and the CPD close to all the trucks and the boy?" Shaylynn radios.
Butch looks at the SWAT Commander and the Police Commissioner, they both nod 'yes'.
"They both said yes, but that doesn't matter! Now, take him out! THAT'S AN ORDER!" Butch tells her.
Shaylynn takes a deep breath in, holds it, looks through the scope to line everything up, puts her finger on the trigger......

BOOM!

Seeing what happened, she exhales